Service not found (SID not found in PAT)

ltd1991

I'm sure this has been asked a lot of times before, but those threads don't address my issue specifically. I'm normally one to try and fix this kind of issue myself but it keeps happening over and over again.

I have the provider and the area right, as well as the network ID. I have scanned for the bouqets and scanned all the channels and it all works great. But then occasionally the channels just go off and I get the message Service Not Found (SID not found in PAT). It can happen when I restart the box for some reason, if I re-scan the bouqets or I think it happened over night a few days ago when it scanned for a new EPG. It's getting a bit annoying as the only way I've found to correct it is to re-scan for all the channels, which obviously takes a bit of time and I don't want to be doing that every day. Any help would be appreciated, I'm sure it's a pretty quick fix from someone who fully knows what they're doing.

If you're absolutely certain your NetID is correct I suggest checking all your cables. Make sure you're using high quality cable-grade coax, not sat grade. Make sure your connectors are tight and that your coax-to-f connector is making contact.

You say it takes a while to scan for new channels, this should only take a matter of seconds if you're using ABM - don't bother with a manual scan as that'll give you specific frequencies for channels and they change regularly. Use ABM and make sure it runs automatically every night to keep your list up to date.

Back