Setting to Prevent Laptop Going to Sleep

rockford

Hello again, another problem, no matter what setting i save computer goes to sleep after 10 minutes,every time, any advise please thanks.

Besides the normal vista power options, are there any power options related to the Tosiba laptop itself that you can uninstall?

go in to control panel and power options and have a look at your settings, and also bear in mind what axxxo has posted as well, all the best in trying to fix your problem.

Thanks to both replys, have tried all 3 power plans to no avail, dont know where to look or if there are any toshiba power options to uninstall.

Download and run THIS Microsoft fix and let me know if it stops your machine from going to sleep ;)

In case you were not aware, simply changing power plans may not fix the issues. You actually have to be sure the settings within said plan are what you want.
pp1.png

pp2.png

You may have already tried this or have known, just wanted to be sure.

Hi, sorted i think, balanced power option set to 2 hours,what i did not notice was in screen saver settings the resume display logon screen was set to 10 minutes, Ive changed that to 120 minutes and my screen does NOT turn off go to sleep or hybernate after 10mins which is all i wanted from the begining, I hope I did the right thing. Thanks again everybody.

Whatever works for you rockford (y)

If you ever have other issues? will you create a new thread with a title relating to the particular issue instead of adding it to the bottom of this one?

This one now has your initial Malware infection and the Hibernation issue, so, it gets messy mixing different problems in the one thread, making it more difficult for other users searching for answers to queries. ;)

Your right should have known wont happen again, had a warning reciently for saying thanks in a reply, Cheers!

had a warning reciently for saying thanks in a reply, Cheers!

The only reason we have that system in place, is to stop threads becoming full of posts with nothing more than people saying "Thank you", those sort of posts only clutter up the thread with non related stuff which again makes it difficult for other users reading through multiple posts in order to eventually get to the relevant one.

That's why we have a "Thanks" and a "Like" button at the bottom of each post. If ever you feel the need to thank a poster in future, just hit the "Thanks" button instead (y)

Back