Setting up a Tenda Powerline Kit

Erinville

I'm trying to set up a Tenda Powerline kit.
This is what I did.
I plugged the small unit and the big unit into the mains downstairs and connected CAT cable from the small unit to the modem, pressed WPS button on the small unit and then the modem.
All 3 lights came on.
I left that the way it was and brought the bigger unit upstairs and plugged it in.
When I try to connect using the WiFi password using either WiFi or Ethernet it says connected with problems.
I press the play button on the Firestick while I have my modem displayed and it says not connected to the internet.
Did I miss a step along the way?
Internet download speed downstairs is 85mb.
The bigger unit has a home button and a wireless button.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201111-134609.jpg
    Screenshot_20201111-134609.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 10
Try putting your router in modem mode. And connect all wireless stuff to the homeplugs. When you plug the second plug in make sure they are still paired.

Plus, will I still be able to connect to the internet on my PC?
PC is in the business office with phone line attached.

If you put the router in modem modem mode all wired connections will work. You will have to go into your router settings to do this.

Not at home until tomorrow.
I was wondering if I pressed the home icon button on the big unit and then WPS on the modem would they pair up?
I haven't seen that home icon button lighting up yet.

I finally found an instruction booklet last night and one of the steps says to press WPS on the modem and then press and hold the WPS button on the big unit until the ligbts start flashing.
I haven't done that yet.
The instruction booklet in the box was only brief.
Could this be the answer?
I will be home in the evening.

Back