Setting up additional router on Virmin Hub 3.0 (VPN)

Hello everyone hope youre all good,

Im looking for some assistance on setting up a router for a vpn. i currently have vpn apps on all devices (nord) however as you all know its a pain in the butt having to open up the app and connect to the server etc each time you want to use it.
I read online that due to the virmin hub 3.0 not having the PPTP facility included in the setting menu you now have to put the hub 3.0 in modem mode and add an additional router?
This is fine with me and ive chosen a router (Asus AC573) to connect to the sheety hub 3.0 (would be good to just get rid of this junk altogether).
Im looking to find out if its possible to set this router up on nord and attach it onto the hub 3.0, and when and if i do get it setup will it run consistently without me having to use these apps all the time. what i mean is once the additional rout is connected, will everything (firesticks, zgemma box, laptops etc) be protected by the asus router connected to the hub 3.0?? any help or advice is greatly appreciated . cheers in advance .

I dont understand why you want to change from the apps? Just split tunnel on what you don't want going through the vpn.

Plus everything will just be so slow threw the router unless you isolate everything individually which for me is a pain beings as I can control vpns at a touch of a button on any device I'm using, thats why nord ect.... give you 4/5/6 connections

I dont understand why you want to change from the apps? Just split tunnel on what you don't want going through the vpn.
Hi obi I just want all my devices protected so I can walk in and go on whatever without having to load apps up, and with nord the app spends most of its time connecting to the server at the best of times. Sometimes the missus puts a film on or whatever and forgets to connect the vpn so that's why I'm wanting to do it this way.

Mate have you changed your nord setting now? Nord have moved over to wireguard so change your protocol to lynx, your speeds will be great with wireguard

I personally would not be setting up router through vpn as everything you do is then going through your router so for example if you online bank then your bank could end up blocking your accounts because of the vpn (its Happend to me) that's why split tunnelling is great because you can constantly leave on vpns and select what apps you dont want going through the vpn.

I personally would not be setting up router through vpn as everything you do is then going through your router so for example if you online bank then your bank could end up blocking your accounts because of the vpn (its Happend to me) that's why split tunnelling is great because you can constantly leave on vpns and select what apps you dont want going through the vpn.
So if I'm using nord app on my phone or whatever obi, will the laptop be protected or will I have to connect the laptop to the app as well? Soz if thats a rookie question m8 but it's new to me this vpn thing

Hi,
I have virgin and Asus router with purevpn so I have 4 sets of Wi-Fi .
the Virgin is no vpn whilst the Asus is with vpn also I can have Ethernet connection with both.

Its fine mate everyone on here to help each other, you will need nord on the laptop aswell, every item your using nord on needs nord on, so you will have to download nord on your laptop, but remember that you cant split tunnel on browser, so what I mean by that is, if your going to be connecting to your bank or anything important like that, you wil need to disconnect your vpn on the laptop, if your using banking on your tablet for example, then you can select your banking app to not be connected to the vpn, you do that in your nord app through "split tunneling, that basically means that even tho your vpn is on, your connection to the bank app is not going through your nord connection.

No wireguard is a new protocol, u mentioned your connection was a little crap with nord so if you click the settings button on the nord app, go into protocols and select nord lynx, that will make your connection much faster. Also make sure cybersec and tap jack are both on, you will see them in your settings mate

All good lads just changed to open vpn connect app on Windows and android so they connect automatically will just send router back and use the tunnelling feature as Obi says. Thanks guys

Back