Setting up from scratch

Jacksdad

HI

Totally new at this...
Just got a H2H box and cant seem to get anything to work.
Need a idiots guide plz to setting up...
Never done this before

At moment cant seem to get anything to work...just get the blue-reboot screen every so often

Any help much appreciated

Mark

Is it an H2H or an H2S because you've posted in the H2S section. When the screen goes blue is there a message on screen cos it sounds like it's crashing? Where did you get the box from?

In my signature you will see Kiddac's Setup guide. This will work on your H2H box.

There is loads of help available on here should you need it, but that is the best tutorial you will find for a bare bones setup.

Good luck

H2h (sorry)

Now it wont even boot.........just stick at open ATV 5.1 Screen

Bought from zgemma themselves

Going from bad to worse :-(

Do you have your customer account set up on here? You should have received a password with your purchase for the zgemma customer section.

I have an account on here

but bought the box as a guest I think

---------- Post Merged at 08:28 PM ----------

Order ID: 1801
Date Ordered: 22/02/2016

Your order has been updated to the following status:

Complete

The comments for your order are:

parcel force II1422787

Would it be possible to reboot it from USB with some software off here and all should be ok :-)

Or is that not possible

Could you link the correct one for me plz....or just search Woosh????

---------- Post Merged at 08:41 PM ----------

Think Ive gotten it

Thanks for all your help

Hope it works

Or a better option so you can learn is to download the latest nightly build from zgemma.tv and flash with that. Then you can use Kiddac's guide.

http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/zgemmah2h/openatv-5.1-zgemmah2h-20160226_usb.zip

Extract that, put the folder called zgemma on a usb stick and shove it in the front USB port.
Turn on your box and when the display says "USB" press the little silver power button on the the front of the box. It should then say "FLSH"

When it has flashed you will be greeted with the OpenATV 5.2 setup wizard. This is covered in Kiddac's guide.

this woosh has worked and booted

Just got no picture at all....are there any setting I need to check/change???

like sat settings????

---------- Post Merged at 09:06 PM ----------

this woosh has worked and booted

Just got no picture at all....are there any setting I need to check/change???

like sat settings????

Is there anything that I could have done to fry the LNB- Just that I try to plug old one back in and getting no signal ???

It sounds like a cable or lnb issue follow his guide tuner a bottom right tuner b top left if you only have one feed follow his guide for changing tuner

Had that all checked out today-all in prefect working order- satellite guy checked it

---------- Post Merged at 09:18 PM ----------

Do these flash updates set up everything- sat polarity and the likes??? cos I not a clue about that side of things

Backup images like the WooshBuild yes it could be a faulty tuner on the box have you tried pluging one lead In tuner a then menu, setup, service searching, Tuner configuration change tuner b to unconfigured then in service searching sat finder check the signal then swap leads test again.

Then disable tuner a enable tuner b and test both in tunerb that should give you a better indication of if it's a tuner issue or lnb.

If it's a tuner issue get in touch with zgemma uk to swap the box they normally check posts so they'll probably see this anyway.

---------- Post Merged at 09:29 PM ----------

Make sure you power off the box fully before unplugging cables hold the power button and choose deep standby and switch off by pressing the power button

Last edited:
The nightly builds are bare builds and you will need to scan channels.

As dsayers said, WooshBuid will give you BBC1 HD and all other free to air channels the second it flashes. Feel free to try that and see how you get on.

You will need to follow the H2H instructions at step 3 though, H2H users need to do 3.1 - is it all there in the detructions. But as a test for your tuners it is ideal until you decide if you do a setup guide, a vix image or an OpenATV image, all available on this forum.

Good luck

Back