Setting up new box

Leelee1982

Hi

Just wondering if anyone could help.
My previous zgemma h5. 2tc has broke can I use what's on it as in just put all the skins. Wooshbuild etc little tweeks onto a sd card ot hdd into new box and jus set it up that way

Thanks in advance

Hi

My previous zgemma h5. 2tc has broke can I use what's on it as in just put all the skins. Wooshbuild etc little tweeks onto a sd card ot hdd into new box and jus set it up that way

Thanks in advance
What do you mean 'broke' - highly unlikely to be broke unless you've driven a car over it or someone's stood on it.
You can make a backup but it's unlikely to work unless you have the exact same box and even then it's touch and go if using wb infinity

What's up with it?

Kids pushed telly off and the cable tuner has detracted itself from the box snapped clean off so yep it's broke pal. But I have exact same box arrived yesterday. I would be using woosh infinity I jus have a lot of tweeks tht I've had setup from other members over time and I've no clue how to do it myself so was hoping for a easy option

Kids pushed telly off and the cable tuner has detracted itself from the box snapped clean off so yep it's broke pal. But I have exact same box arrived yesterday. I would be using woosh infinity I jus have a lot of tweeks tht I've had setup from other members over time and I've no clue how to do it myself so was hoping for a easy option
You can try making an image backup but I've never known one to work with the newer builds like wooshbuild infinity or grogbuild freerange.
You may be able to make a settings backup

@grog68 might be better giving advice on this.
I've never bothered with backups etc because it's only 20 mins to reflash.
What tweaks etc do you mean?
Theres nothing you can't install again or download

Hi

Thanks in advance

You can try making an image backup but I've never known one to work with the newer builds like wooshbuild infinity or grogbuild freerange.
You may be able to make a settings backup
Complete back ups work fine for duplicating a box but personally I think it's quicker and better just flashing following the wooshbuild infinity instructions.

Why would you want to put an old image (atv 6.3) on to new box, surely you're better off with the latest image so you dont then need to reflash it as soon when it becomes obsolete.

Last time I looked 6.4 was in beta and had lots of issues is this not the case I have had no issues with 6.3 so was happy to stick with it for time being

Last time I looked 6.4 was in beta and had lots of issues is this not the case I have had no issues with 6.3 so was happy to stick with it for time being
6,4 has been the stable release now for few months, has a few issues but these are mainly changes that users were not aware of rather than anything major.

Cool thanks for help chaps I'll give back up a go see how tht leaves me. Also will backup save skins and all the other tv bits like my picture change on menu for virgin

Back