Setting up new Dish for new Gigablue help please.

Billy315

TK Supporter
I thought I should move to a more help section.

My new Dish 80cm arrived and I really need help to find 28.2. I am copying the dish angle from the old sky dish. Moved it about but no help
Went to setup-tuner setup- automatic scan -clear then tried to pick up pictures.

Used old scanning box as well from LNB - scanner - cable to telly but needle does not move?

If I transfer unicable back to sky dish and scan again to get all tv pics again and then transfer back to new dish will that be okay.

You haven't really explained what you're doing. Are you fitting a completely new dish or replacing the old one.
Does it have unicable or universal LNB?
If you're using a unicable LNB, you need a unicable compatible meter or use the old lnb on the new dish to set it up.

You haven't really explained what you're doing. Are you fitting a completely new dish or replacing the old one.
Does it have unicable or universal LNB?
If you're using a unicable LNB, you need a unicable compatible meter or use the old lnb on the new dish to set it up.
Replacing dish and am now using Unicable LNB (thanks for advice on that). Not going to get a new meter. I have seen the price. Recorded programmes from sky dish this week but felt that 80cm would be better.

My thoughts leave the sky dish in situ as you can still use it and bigger dish can be moved in the future for other sats?

Put unicable back on to sky dish. Tuner setup to changed to simple. Progs from automatic scan started to fill up to over 800 then saved.

Changed unicable back to new dish

(Lined up new dish and followed the line on dish pointer).

Still no picture.

What next?

Put unicable back on to sky dish. Tuner setup to changed to simple. Progs from automatic scan started to fill up to over 800 then saved.

Changed unicable back to new dish

(Lined up new dish and followed the line on dish pointer).

Still no picture.

What next?
Have you changed the tuner settings back to unicable on the box?

Have you changed the tuner settings back to unicable on the box?
I had to change unicable back to simple on Sky for the download of programmes. It is still on simple while the rest of tuner settings on advanced. Sky dish now removed from garage.

Do you have a meter? If not you will need to get one and a 40mm neck lnb, then follow instructions in post 2. Your old sky lnb is no good as it will be 37mm.

Last edited:
Thanks all for your help. Dishpointer was a great help and moving the dish up or down cracked it. Trying out willo build on Friday

I had to change unicable back to simple on Sky for the download of programmes. It is still on simple while the rest of tuner settings on advanced. Sky dish now removed from garage.
The virtual tuners all connect to the physical tuners.
If the physical tuners are set to simple, the virtual tuners won't work on unicable.

If you purchase unicable l.n.b Always
Buy one with legacy port The legacy port is universal When you connect your sat meter
to the legacy port you should not need to change
any settings on the meter Some meters need a
Setting called sci You need to change the frequency to the unicable l.n.b frequency and start at the low vertical channels on the transponder I checked on the satlink meter
I couldn't find sc1 setting The horizon hdms usb
Has no Unicable settings

Attachments

• 20210529_104323.jpg
    20210529_104323.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
Back