HD51 4K Setting up Oscam Server trial on HD51

pebbleridge

I'm trying to set up a free trial on OSCAM.
The instructions I've been given are:-
Sending you zip file "oscam-emu" unzip it and there are 16 files, copy/paste all the files into the folder name "oscam-emu"
I've got no idea how to get files into the folder he mentions.
I've got Web IF working and I thought I might be able to send them through Web IF, but I can't see any facility to do it.

Root-Etc-Tuxbox-Config-Oscam
Thats if you have oscam installed on the box

You will need a ftp program unless your using a pc then go to network on your pc and you should see your box listed
Thanks for that, I am using a PC but for some reason the Mutant doesn't appear on my network, but I know it is because Web IF works ????

Ok, Samba installed and running, off to see if I can find it on the PC.
it may help if you mention what image you are using OpenATV, VIX e.t.c you do not need samba on openatv but I tried VIX for first time in a few years and could not connect untill samba was enabled, also have you set up password in either openatv or vix you need it now to connect via terminal or ftp.

Ok, Samba installed and running, off to see if I can find it on the PC.
Have you given that image a password ? It will need one before you can connect via FTP

As above knowing the image would help us to explain to you how to give the image a password.

Just seen on another post mate you have VIX image

So give the image a password like this Menu-Setup-Network -Password

Should be able to FTP in then with that pass.

Hi Guys, I'm sorry I forgot the system details (again). How do you set up the little tag lines that go on the bottom of your posts? I could put it in there.
I'm using openvix 6.2.008
I don't have a password setup yet, I assume it's in network settings

Thanks for that, I am using a PC but for some reason the Mutant doesn't appear on my network, but I know it is because Web IF works ????
You can access the box through windows to add your line. If you have win 7 or above, just open any

folder and on the left where it shows you your drives right click on Computer and "add a network

location" then follow the screens (next twice) where it wants you to add a location type this

ftp://root@192.168.0.xx/ where this is your IP address of the E2 Box. press next and you can name

it E2xxxx then finish. This will give you access to the Root-Etc-Tuxbox-Config-Oscam folder where you can configure

enter the right info.

Just seen on another post mate you have VIX image

So give the image a password like this Menu-Setup-Network -Password

Should be able to FTP in then with that pass.
I've followed the steps to add a password (which seems to have worked) but windows is asking for a username and still wont let me in?

I've followed the steps to add a password (which seems to have worked) but windows is asking for a username and still wont let me in?
Forget my last post, I must have got something wrong (a few times).
The last time I did it, windows filled in the user as Root and I entered my password and I'm in.
Many thanks.

I've now copied the files I was sent into the correct place for OSCAM-EMU on my HD51 but when I try and start OSCAM EMU I get a message saying "no config files found"

etc/tuxbux/config/oscam-emu

That's the path to the existing folder that I've put them in and I've checked back and the files are definitely there:-

Just in case I did exactly the same with OSCAM-LATEST which is also on my machine, but that didn't work either.

Sorry, but I'm stumped again.

Back