Setting up

simsingh

Hi guys

Decided to get back into the sat space so a chap came to install a motorised dish for me today.

Upon leaving I did a scan on 23.5 and picked up channels nicely.

Subsequently I tried changing satellite to scan 19e but I didn’t get the motor to lock and when I go back to 23.5 it seems to have lost position.

I don’t know if it’s just a faulty motor or just my stupidity but I don’t quite know how to perform a scan for a satellite again.

I currently have a gt media v8 Mars and a media star forever 30 if any one can give any pointers I would be grateful.

Thank you

Not sure about the UHD but on the Viarks every sat position needs to have it set to use usuals.

Check this has been done.

Not sure about the UHD but on the Viarks every sat position needs to have it set to use usuals.

Check this has been done.
Thanks for the reply.

Can I confirm what you mean by this. Under each sat I go to ensure motor mode is sat to usals?

Getting a weird behaviour

Under motor for usals
Will need to disable first then auto position
If it does lock onto satellite as soon as I go to search it starts moving the dish stopping the scan if I change the motor to disable it then allows me to scan

Under 28.2 it locks it 23.5

If this poor positioning of the motor/ dish or could there be another issue?

Getting a weird behaviour

Under motor for usals
Will need to disable first then auto position
If it does lock onto satellite as soon as I go to search it starts moving the dish stopping the scan if I change the motor to disable it then allows me to scan

Under 28.2 it locks it 23.5

If this poor positioning of the motor/ dish or could there be another issue?
Ive no experience of the UHD mate so hopefully some one with one will reply and help you.

Managed to fix this so thought I’d post here incase anyone runs into similar issues in future

I was finding as soon as I auto positioned / manually positioned a satellite I wanted to perform a search on. If I was to scan, the satellite would move to a dead position and not show any channels

Generally I’m presuming this is some alignment issue

My fix was checking the position the satellite would move relative to the positions I manually found the strength for -
so say if I manually found and was scanning 13e and when about to start the scan the satellite would jump further west and not find any channels - under usals settings I would keep adding to my latitude until essentially there was no jump between searched and scan position. I essentially went from a latitude of +2w to +8 which is pretty substantial I’m guessing.

I’m presuming the issue I had is with the install of the motor and the dish but I hadn’t a clue where to trouble shoot that side and this was my work around . If anyone knows what I would need to do to my satellite/ motor I’d consider that.

Back