Setting up

rmantech

I'm just receiving my VM internet broadband in the next couple of days, and was wondering how this is setup. I have a zgemma star 2s which I'm running for sly, but would like both sly and VM to run. I'm assuming I will need a new VM line as well as my n line for satellite, is this true?

And any new cables or leads I'll need to connect to my box, does it connect to lnb?

Thanks

If you have a 2S you will actually need a different box. The H2H from zgemma is a twin Sly / VM box. I am not certain about a previous box which maybe slightly cheaper but they will soon yell at me for not knowing and post the other zgemma models which have both Sky and VM. There are other boxes too besides zgemma ones (but you will no doubt know that already)

If you have a 2S you will actually need a different box. The H2H from zgemma is a twin Sly / VM box. I am not certain about a previous box which maybe slightly cheaper but they will soon yell at me for not knowing and post the other zgemma models which have both Sky and VM. There are other boxes too besides zgemma ones (but you will no doubt know that already)

Thanks for the reply, yh did some research and found the H2H to meet my demands, I would appreciate if the following questions could be answered

1) Do I need 2 lines one for VM and one for sly, or is there 1 line for both?
2) How do u connect to the box if I have VM internet, do I need some special cable?
3) Can I record in sky whilst watching VM in HD?

Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks for the reply, yh did some research and found the H2H to meet my demands, I would appreciate if the following questions could be answered

1) Do I need 2 lines one for VM and one for sly, or is there 1 line for both?
2) How do u connect to the box if I have VM internet, do I need some special cable?
3) Can I record in sky whilst watching VM in HD?

Thanks in advance!!!

Those are H2H user answers as I only do Sly.

Number 2 answer is an adapter and some one will kindly tell you what you need and maybe even post a picture.
Number 3 answer is yes you can due to it being twin tuners. If you record sky is will be SD.

Sit tight and someone will answer number 1 for you

Yes you need separate lines 1 for sat and 1 for cable you will need a splitter to split the feed going to router to go to box and an rf adapter

Any 2way vm splitter will do where not sopesed to use external links it's classed as advertising but this is the one I brought
41r+7vnuD3L._SY400_.jpg £1.62 on amazon then you will need an rf adapter like this 41baBjuZaML._SY400_.jpg and a vm cable from adapter to splitter I placed the splitter in the white box that on the wall inside my room where the router cable goes 20160318_122213.jpg20160318_122213.jpg I just took that single adapter out and placed the splitter there

Last edited:
Also you can get one line to do both sly and virmin just state thats what your after when making a request.

I didn't know you could do that all the servers I've been offered that do both vm and sly give them as separate lines

Av found two who do it mate been using one for 4 months without any problems so far.i only wanted it to see if the time changing from sly to virmin is quicker now it pretty much instant.

Hi All,
I am new in cable side like rmantech.
please guide me where to find VM server and how to set it up.
thank you

Back