settting timer on IP access

steptoe

VIP Member
Hi,
is it possible to set up a timer to deny access to an IP address at certain times ?
It will be on a BT smart hub 2 ,

I don't know about a BT smart hub, but I have timer access set up on my Asus Router. My VM router is in modem mode with my Asus plugged into it and doing all of the work. With Asus Merlin Firmware you can block individual devices between specified times. For example my son's Ipad and Iphone will not connect between 0100 and 0800 hours Mon to Fri, different times for a weekend, all other devices will work fine.

I don't know about a BT smart hub, but I have timer access set up on my Asus Router. My VM router is in modem mode with my Asus plugged into it and doing all of the work. With Asus Merlin Firmware you can block individual devices between specified times. For example my son's Ipad and Iphone will not connect between 0100 and 0800 hours Mon to Fri, different times for a weekend, all other devices will work fine.
thats exactly the reason for this,
I may look and see if I can route it through my Linksys router on a non VPN route,

It'll be somewhere in the parental controls if you can do it. Another option is to use a WiFi plug with a timer set to switch the router off altogether at the times you don't want it used, that's if nobody else is using the Internet at that time though obviously.

a quick search in the access panel, and google , would seem to suggest the only opotion is to switch off wifi access,
No option to deny hardwired access, which is what I need for his PS5 and PC.
my network is a bit awkward for your suggestion @pupuqiop , but a good idea that I may be able to implement by putting an additional router in the loft.
I have an old TT router kicking about in the workshop I could use, somits always an option if nothing else is viable

a quick search in the access panel, and google , would seem to suggest the only opotion is to switch off wifi access,
No option to deny hardwired access, which is what I need for his PS5 and PC.
my network is a bit awkward for your suggestion @pupuqiop , but a good idea that I may be able to implement by putting an additional router in the loft.
I have an old TT router kicking about in the workshop I could use, somits always an option if nothing else is viable
2 words are all you need in this scenario hardwired or wifi.....Mac Filtering

Back