SF8008 and UK Catch Up TV Players

goffy

I am totally new to enigma 2 receivers after being away from the satellite hobby for some years. My era was D2MAC and after that cams and cards for euro providers so Enigma2 is going to be a learning curve but I use linux computers so should pick it up okay. Id been fancying a Zgemma for ages but finally decided on the Octagon SF8008 which will arrive today with Openvix already on it. I am planning to use it as a freesat receiver until I learn the more complicated stuff like IPTV and multiboot etc

A couple of newbie questions:

1) I fancy having acess to BBC iplayer , ALL4, ITV Hub, Netflix. Amazon Video etc and was wondering if there are E2 plugins for these? What about kodi addons? Would it be better to use the Kodi side for this? Or what about multibooting android? i heard that was coming soon? Or would I be better just having a separate android device for streaming services?

2) Any begginers guides for this receiver available or will general Openvix guides suffice? Is there a definitive list of E" plugins published anywhere? Any comments on the best way to set this up or any other pointers are most welcome.

I am totally new to enigma 2 receivers after being away from the satellite hobby for some years. My era was D2MAC and after that cams and cards for euro providers so Enigma2 is going to be a learning curve but I use linux computers so should pick it up okay. Id been fancying a Zgemma for ages but finally decided on the Octagon SF8008 which will arrive today with Openvix already on it. I am planning to use it as a freesat receiver until I learn the more complicated stuff like IPTV and multiboot etc

A couple of newbie questions:

1) I fancy having acess to BBC iplayer , ALL4, ITV Hub, Netflix. Amazon Video etc and was wondering if there are E2 plugins for these? What about kodi addons? Would it be better to use the Kodi side for this? Or what about multibooting android? i heard that was coming soon? Or would I be better just having a separate android device for streaming services?

2) Any begginers guides for this receiver available or will general Openvix guides suffice? Is there a definitive list of E" plugins published anywhere? Any comments on the best way to set this up or any other pointers are most welcome.
Excellent device and i highly recommend installing willbuild on it. It has everything you would want and is an openvix build. He is a valued member on this forum and gives ongoing support for updates. Better off getting a firestick for netfix-prime and iplayers

Back