SF8008 - RAM and EPGImport v.231

AJP007

Hi Guys,
my mate came over with his SF8008 after i recommended it for him. He has got multiboot SetUp with ATV 6.4 Daily and openPli 8.3.
I have checked his Customised and Interface Settings, to correspond/react with the new Remote and my Fav Skin.
He only installed two Images as these are the ones he prefers.
I have noticed that the EPGImport v.2.31 and his Sat list with IPTV takes 38 mins to load.!!!!!! and keeps getting Stuck at Swiss, Italian, Polish, UK and Irish EPG
it just stops and rests there on each provider for 5-8mins.
My box Setup pretty much the same takes 6 mins...! He tells me that the EPGImport does NOT work overnight on its own it LOADS - NOTHING everyday.
Also his RAM is nearly Full with 38.6 MB left from the 926.7 MB. Is this normal? (See attached Pic)
Which path/pfad gets me to the RAM storage Folder on Box so I can delete things we dont need. He says he might have started Loading his picon into false Folder
and now this is taking up loads of RAM Space. He says about three Sats so not too many.!!
I have re-written the picons onto his USB and Set it up to take the ALL the picon, epg.data and movies on the / media/usb/......... folder. Where they belong.
Any ideas Guys? Help as usual very apprec....Thanks
AJP

Attachments

• RAM_SF8008.jpg
    RAM_SF8008.jpg
    629.1 KB · Views: 12
Thanks moshibeth, Done that matey, see pic USB installed and Initilised.....!! 5.7GB used for picon - piconProv - picoSat and EPG.data.
Which pfad/path ...where can i find the RAM storage folder to see exactly whats on there...?

@ Ferret,
thanks Buddy clears that up for me, so nothing to worry about, GOOD, I will still go and delete ALL the NOT needed Skins for example, to clear up a little more space.

@woody6222,
YES you are right. I DID exactly that (used a 256GB microSDCard) in REAR SLOT.
When i inserted and initialised the microSDCard in REAR SLOT, it showed up automatically as you can see on Pic in the USB Section as USB and
NOT in HDD as HDD or USB. So I am assuming its mounted correctly and BOTH the USB Slots are still FREE for future use.

The " picon", "piconProv" , "piconSat" including - "lost and found", "movie" and "epg.dat" ARE in the correct FOLDER on the USB /media/usb/...........!! see attached Pic
They are showing and working well. So that clears up microSDCard Setup, Initialising and mount and is ALSO CORRECT and can remain as is.
There is a micro sd slot at rear of the box for that purpose instead of wasting one of the two usb ports.

ONLY the EPG is still CRAP, does NOT Load and shows incorrect INFO.
YES, Time /Zone setting are correct.
He has to do a Yellow Button manual Download everyday and it HANGS on many providers, up to 8 mins before it continues to load them.
Sometimes it CRASHES the BOX and loses the Sources, so he has to REMOVE plugin, RE-Boot Box - Download plugin again Set it up,
Run the JediMaker to get his IPTV to show in Sources, Re-Boot Box again, check if EPG Sources are ALL back again and Run EPGImport hoping it does NOT crash the Box again.

I cannot fgure it out if its an IMAGE or SF8008 related problem. I have experimented on openATV, openHDF, openPLi ALL are doing the exact same thing,
Ideas are gladly accepted. Thanks
AJP

Attachments

• Screenshot (294).png
    Screenshot (294).png
    31.5 KB · Views: 7
@AJP007 , Choose a time after 06:00 (that's when Doglover starts uploading) EPG
P.S. Doglover is the person who maintains and gets the epg that you download via epgimporter

Also why don't you mount sdcard as hardrive why dont you do full backup and install openatv 7.2 all the rest are EOL or even install it on another slot.

@ Ferret,
thanks Buddy clears that up for me, so nothing to worry about, GOOD, I will still go and delete ALL the NOT needed Skins for example, to clear up a little more space.

@woody6222,
YES you are right. I DID exactly that (used a 256GB microSDCard) in REAR SLOT.
When i inserted and initialised the microSDCard in REAR SLOT, it showed up automatically as you can see on Pic in the USB Section as USB and
NOT in HDD as HDD or USB. So I am assuming its mounted correctly and BOTH the USB Slots are still FREE for future use.

The " picon", "piconProv" , "piconSat" including - "lost and found", "movie" and "epg.dat" ARE in the correct FOLDER on the USB /media/usb/...........!! see attached Pic
They are showing and working well. So that clears up microSDCard Setup, Initialising and mount and is ALSO CORRECT and can remain as is.

ONLY the EPG is still CRAP, does NOT Load and shows incorrect INFO.
YES, Time /Zone setting are correct.
He has to do a Yellow Button manual Download everyday and it HANGS on many providers, up to 8 mins before it continues to load them.
Sometimes it CRASHES the BOX and loses the Sources, so he has to REMOVE plugin, RE-Boot Box - Download plugin again Set it up,
Run the JediMaker to get his IPTV to show in Sources, Re-Boot Box again, check if EPG Sources are ALL back again and Run EPGImport hoping it does NOT crash the Box again.

I cannot fgure it out if its an IMAGE or SF8008 related problem. I have experimented on openATV, openHDF, openPLi ALL are doing the exact same thing,
Ideas are gladly accepted. Thanks
AJP

I use VIX and micro sd is used for PICONS and EPG, with no problems what so ever. NO IPTV installed.(y)

@ urie, the EPG Importer setting ARE set at 6.07 am
the sdcard mounted itself automatically as USB.
we dont use ATV 7.2 because this conficts with my Skin. ATV worked perfectly until 6.5 then it caused crashes. So i stayed with the 6.4 daily.
Also PLi 7 - 8.2 - 8.3 work perfectly with my Skin and thats why we use these two images.

Well i have really foooked and shot myself in the Foot now... tried to unmount and mount microSDcard again it still shows as USB in Info.
All that work over the week-end for nothing.
back to the drawing board and load 14 Sats picon....:cry:

Well i have really foooked and shot myself in the Foot now... tried to unmount and mount microSDcard again it still shows as USB in Info.
All that work over the week-end for nothing.
back to the drawing board and load 14 Sats picon....:cry:
Always do a backup image you can revert to that again and start over from that point.

@ urie, the EPG Importer setting ARE set at 6.07 am
the sdcard mounted itself automatically as USB.
we dont use ATV 7.2 because this conficts with my Skin. ATV worked perfectly until 6.5 then it caused crashes. So i stayed with the 6.4 daily.
Also PLi 7 - 8.2 - 8.3 work perfectly with my Skin and thats why we use these two images.
EPG Importer setting ARE set at 6.07 am I would still set it to later time at least 7.am, as for skin even I eventually changed from chabs sky skin to kiddac's at least they work with python 3xx.

EPG Importer setting ARE set at 6.07 am I would still set it to later time at least 7.am, as for skin even I eventually changed from chabs sky skin to kiddac's at least they work with python 3xx.
Sounds like a bit of suck it and see with this.

OK, installed openPli 8.3 back into Box.

Just for Info the Octagon Boxes have MAJOR problems with Auto mounting microSDCards and getting them to show as HDD on openPLI images.....DOES NOT WORK.
If like me you like openPli images "download the plugin MountManager from the feed and mount your devices with this plugin"....and Mount properly.

After downloading/ installing the " MountManager" will be located in the Menu /Setup / System.....Folder
Choose as Device /dev/sda1/ - MOUNT - wait until its ready. Re-Boot Box full Restart and see that the SDcard is now Showing as HDD in.... Menu / Information
see new Pic attached, NOW showing as it should be.....

hope this little tutorial Helps others.
Enjoy.
AJP

NOW still need to get the EPG sorted Lads.(y)
:unsure:
Have taken " uries " advice and changed the EPG load setting to 7.07am :whistle:

Attachments

• microSDcard_Mount _on_openPli images.jpg
    microSDcard_Mount _on_openPli images.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 5
  • EPGImporter Settings.jpg
    EPGImporter Settings.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back