SF8008 recording

Stoob

My SF8008 is a combo. Last night I started recording on a satellite channel and then switched to the terrestrial tuner to watch another channel. The recording immediately stopped. But if I record on terrestrial and the switch to satellite, no problem. Is this how it works, or have I got something wrong in my setup?

Combo box should allow view and record on sat and view on the other.
Recordings come first and should not stop.
Viewing sat record terrestrial or watch terrestrial and record sat.
Same goes for a twin tuner tuner sat/cable box.
First does your sat box have a working channel that you wanted to record as if epg is faulty 0 mins might show instead of say 66 mins?
terrestrial channel or sat channel or cable channel should not matter as all sources should point to your hdd or usb but would ask if setup for ext4?

Combo box should allow view and record on sat and view on the other.
Recordings come first and should not stop.
Viewing sat record terrestrial or watch terrestrial and record sat.
Same goes for a twin tuner tuner sat/cable box.
First does your sat box have a working channel that you wanted to record as if epg is faulty 0 mins might show instead of say 66 mins?
terrestrial channel or sat channel or cable channel should not matter as all sources should point to your hdd or usb but would ask if setup for ext4?
I was watching the channel on sat when I pressed record, and set to end of current event. Then switched to aerial and the recording stopped immediately.

I cant say i have done an instant record as always used timers but does it need confirmation on recording when changing to aerial,maybe others who use it could confirm.

Hi,
Couple of month ago I purchased a new Octogan SF8008 combi sat/ cable box, which with help ive managed to get my IPTV sub working with multi room sub.
Box is currently running openvix willow build. I have an external usb Hard drive mounted on usb 3.0 port and the drive is formatted to EXT4

It does not matter whichever way i try to record from the box, the box instantly locks up and I have to switch box off at the power plug to get the box running again.

I have tried recording from epg guide or just pressing the record button whilst watching the same channel or recording film from menu list, or recording TV channel like bbc from iptv menu but the outcome is the same box just locks up.

anyone got any ideas what i have set up wrong or need to change what setting?

The box is currently only connected to internet via network cable, the tuners are disable as i am running two line sub / multi room IPTV service so I believe I should be able to record and watch another channel?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Check with your provider he allows recording with iptv,if you can do a test on sat or cable or aerial to see if that works ok.

Check with your provider he allows recording with iptv,if you can do a test on sat or cable or aerial to see if that works ok.

thanks for the advice. I have tired recording on my cable turner just the free to air channel bbc 1 which worked fine, so guessing it do with my IPTV sub but have with provider to which they say they i can record as they sold me a second line to be able to record. Guessing I've got some thing configured wrong?

thanks for the advice. I have tired recording on my cable turner just the free to air channel bbc 1 which worked fine, so guessing it do with my IPTV sub but have with provider to which they say they i can record as they sold me a second line to be able to record. Guessing I've got some thing configured wrong?
Just because you have 2 lines it does not mean you can record on iptv.

What are you recording roxy. sat/cable or iptv
When the box locks up I am trying to record from my IPTV.
I have just tired recording on my cable turner just the free to air channel bbc 1 which worked fine on the box no locking up and I was able to play back the recording fine.

So I am guessing it do with my IPTV sub but I have spoken with sub provider to which they say i can record as they sold me a second line to be able to record.

Guessing I must have something configured incorrectly on box ?

Last edited:
Have a play with the service types :1 or :4097, I don't think we can record using service app so set player to original

I have just tired recording on my cable turner just the free to air channel bbc 1 which worked fine on the box no locking up and I was able to play back the recording fine.

So I am guessing it do with my IPTV sub but I have spoken with sub provider to which they say i can record as they sold me a second line to be able to record.

Guessing I must have something configured incorrectly on box or plug all4one?
Your buying off a reseller if second sub was required which is why your line is locking up when recording. Needs to be multiroom active and not 2 single subs.Request a test line multiroom active from the requests and you will see.

I have just read @dsayers2014 post at Recording issue - try disabling serviceapp on your box

With the plug in your using I dont think its possible to configure incorrecty ! More than likely recording is not possible with the sub!

I have tested his sub on my box and was indeed able to watch one feed while recording another, the sub is not the issue.
Then it's probably as mentioned above service app issue, tbh recording iptv is a hit and miss thing! I have been let down in that area !Catch up will do the job

Back