Sharing my H2H glitching adventure

YonyY

There seems to be a lot of people experiencing glitching with their Zgemma cable connections so I thought I'd share my experiences as they're now solved.

I noticed that my signal strength seemed to have dropped to the extent that when I split my TV connection even the VM Tivo box was having problems. I'd never had problems in the years I've been using card sharing on my cable connection.

I replaced all my cables and my splitter. No better.

I bought a Konig 28db amp but I was still glitching on pretty much all HD channels, but I was now able to receive all channels and this confirmed my view that the signal definitely needed a boost.

This is the amp I bought:

Konig Professional TV amplifier 28 dB 1 output active return path [KN-PROAMP31AUK], Hawks Photo Video

By this time I'd shelled out a fair bit of cash and put many hours into solving my problem. Still glitching.

My problems were finally solved by switching line provider. I have no idea why this has provided the solution, as my old provider is rock solid and has a 100% rep with his customers. It's maybe just an oddity, but it's definitely solved my problem. I'm now completely glitch-free on the cable side.

I have no doubt that my signal is weaker than it was before, and I'm still having to use the amp.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience in case it can help anyone with a similarly annoying problem.

To confuse things even more, I tried my original provider's line yesterday and it's now working perfectly with no changes at my end.
Cable can be a mystery at times.

Anyway, I hope my tale might help someone at some point.

Back