should i buy H2H preloaded?

help36

Hi all,

I am away so missed all the fun with Sly going down as i currently have openbox V8s.

I have virmin BB so think going down the zgemma H2H will be the best option for me at the moment and use a cable line and hope for the best with a fix for satelitle but be prepared for the worst.

I have looked and the boxes preloaded with Sly skin are quite expensive. is it easy enough to setup if i buy a blank box and follow instructions on here?

Also could someone please post the best link for setting up box with sly skin using a cable line?

thanks for your help in advance guys.

Rule 1: never buy preloaded!

It's really straight forward to do - just do a bit of reading up. I have my own image (stickied at the top) but that uses a variety of the VM skin - you can apply the Sky-style skins if you wish.

You can also get Whooshbuild if you're more familar with that. It's a bit different than a Satellite setup but its easy to do.

thanks, that answered the 1st part of my question simple enough :(y): will buy a blank 1!!

I have only used an openbox V8s and the only things i did where put the line in and update channel list, not a clue about anything else.

I am capable if i have some instructions to follow, i have always had sly so use to there numbering and look, as long as i can do that i'm sorted!!

Does your image have sly numbers? also sorry for the questions but do you have to update often with new channel lists etc or is it different being cable?

With Wooshbuild, the setting up is made to be REALLY easy - it has a setup part when you first load it onto the box as it's straight forward.

Doesn't need channel lists as it auto updates.

With Wooshbuild, the setting up is made to be REALLY easy - it has a setup part when you first load it onto the box as it's straight forward.

Thanks for the advice Ste,

Sorry for the stupid question, but what is wooshbuild/where do i get it? will this do sly numbers and skin etc?

I am not normally this lazy and would google to try and work out for myself, but im still on holiday at the moment and know the girlfriend will go mental when she finds out she can't watch all her "crap" on TV, so want to be prepared with a solution when i get home so she doesn't pay for proper subscription.

Thanks for the advice Ste,

Sorry for the stupid question, but what is wooshbuild/where do i get it? will this do sly numbers and skin etc?

I am not normally this lazy and would google to try and work out for myself, but im still on holiday at the moment and know the girlfriend will go mental when she finds out she can't watch all her "crap" on TV, so want to be prepared with a solution when i get home so she doesn't pay for proper subscription.

Wooshbuild is firmware what flashes onto the box - it's available via this site.

I'm not sure about channel numbering i'm afraid - It probably will be different though because cable don't have as many channels as satellite.

Don't forget, besides the box, you will need quality cables and splitter and F to RF adapter for the feed into the box.

Wooshbuild is firmware what flashes onto the box - it's available via this site.

I'm not sure about channel numbering i'm afraid - It probably will be different though because cable don't have as many channels as satellite.

Don't forget, besides the box, you will need quality cables and splitter and F to RF adapter for the feed into the box.

thanks ste, i have just been having a look around techkings and found a few bits. will have to have a proper read when i get home.

Yes thanks for the comments on the splitter etc i have read about that in the past, will put an order in for the box and pick up the bits when i get back and read through the guides so i can get up and running ASAP

I recommend bioheads image read the instructions before you get home a few times and you should be up and running in 10 mins

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Is it just a personal preference thing with the different images or do they perform differently?

I have posted in the forum for a line provider but can anyone recommend any would be greatly appreciated. Looking for full movies, sports PPV etc.

Thanks in advance

Personal preference for the firmware - some are set up slightly different to others... I find Wooshbuild is a good all rounder with an install process that makes it so simple to set up.

The guys on here are superb at helping newbies out, but i also found some of the set up videos on youtube really helpful too.

Back