Should I return my F5S?

Hi Guys, I'm hoping you'll offer me a little advice. A few friends and I recently bought F5S boxes with a gift, after a week my other friends have all reported that certain channels (particularly entertainment channels; Comedy Central etc..-Sports and movies seem fine) freeze regularly for 3-4 seconds before springing back to life. This sounds like a server problem and our provider has asked us all to return our boxes to him (friend of a friend of a friend) so that he can try to solve the issue. Does this sound like the best thing to do? Have we just paid up for a duff provider? Is there anything he's likely to be able to do?

Please note; I have not connected my box to the internet yet as I'm waiting for my homeplugs to arrive, but the assumption is that I'll have similar troubles.

I'm new here so I hope this post doesn't breach any forum rules.....

To be honest NEVER buy box with the gift !!!!! the gift tends to go down after a few months, if you bought it of fleabay they just run after 3 months. You would be better off Buying a GENUINE box ( not Original Tend to be clones) seperate then after a bit of reading on here Add Your own line from a good server

Thanks, I didn't know anything about them when I was offered it and I made a snap decision, after joining this forum it quickly became clear that there were better options....how would I identify a clone?

Get them from a Reputable dealer offering genuine boxes that take you to the Skybox cc site That way when a update comes out its genuine and your not chasing around the houses trying to find out where to get your updates and getting Mismatch errors

true they will always glitch more than say a vu. however, not everey 3 or 4 seconds. however, i would connect ot to the net. to see what happens

What we are saying is The skybox is a basic box there are cheap copies out there you will get glitching on most boxes but expect it more on a cheap server as they tend to be over loaded if you get a decent server expect to pay more and you dont get a lot of glitching

Mine glitched when I first got it, but got put on a different port and its been perfect ever since..... I'm a bit of a noob, but I think it is where more than one person is on that line so it is bumping you both back and forth against each other (please feel free to correct me though!!)

A big thank you to all of you, I'll send it off and see what happens....I definitely have a clone, guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Hi Guys, I'm hoping you'll offer me a little advice. A few friends and I recently bought F5S boxes with a gift, after a week my other friends have all reported that certain channels (particularly entertainment channels; Comedy Central etc..-Sports and movies seem fine) freeze regularly for 3-4 seconds before springing back to life. This sounds like a server problem and our provider has asked us all to return our boxes to him (friend of a friend of a friend) so that he can try to solve the issue. Does this sound like the best thing to do? Have we just paid up for a duff provider? Is there anything he's likely to be able to do?

Please note; I have not connected my box to the internet yet as I'm waiting for my homeplugs to arrive, but the assumption is that I'll have similar troubles.

I'm new here so I hope this post doesn't breach any forum rules.....

As you say, it sounds like a server problem, so I cannot see what returning the boxes will achieve?

You say that the boxes freeze for 3-4 seconds at a time, but how often do the boxes freeze? I get the odd 8 second freeze frame every once in a while, but very rarely.

A big thank you to all of you, I'll send it off and see what happens....I definitely have a clone, guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Dont send it back , it's not worth all the hassle just go out and try a few testlines , or even splash the cash on a decent box and you won't have mist of these problems

Get yourself a test line and a new sub. I doubt if this gift will last you long. If the box you have is not a clone then it should run fine if you have a decent sub.

I have only seen it freeze twice, as I haven't connected my box yet. He reports a 3-4 second freeze after 15 mins. viewing and after that every 5 mins. or so on the worst channels, which seem to be pay channels like Comedy Central/GOLD etc.

I sent it back last night, it seemed to be the only option for me as it's my friend's friend who is in contact with someone he sees through work who has a friend etc...(what a bloody mess, didn't realise it was this distant when I handed across the dough!) If it comes back sorted then great, if it comes back dicky then I sell the box and get a new box & seperate gift and if it doesn't come back then I learn my lesson!

Got the box back today and it's going great so far. Looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into it later tonight when the kids have gone to bed.....

Back