Shower Leak

xpen15

Hi all, I was hoping someone on here can shed some light on a leak I have in a shower. The leak is coming down into kitchen and I have cut an inspection hatch below and can see the leak. Above is the back wall where the Bar shower valve is installed. The shower was refitted last year November i.e. new tray, hardie boards and waterproof paint applied and new 600 x 300 mm tiles. Initially this leak started off slow, i.e. a few hours after someone had used the shower, now its contstant drip. The silicone and grout has been checked. When I sprayed water in one corner on the back wall it started to leak, so I reapplied silicone horizontally and vertically around the corners. It has continued to leak. Is there any possibility for water to leak from the Bar valve i.e. if the pipes havent been pushed into the bar valve fittings? The pipes are run from above. I plan to open up the back of the wall where the Bar valve is installed or cut open the floorboard from below where it is leaking close to a joist to locate the exact location if I can find the edge of the tray. If there are plumbers in Uxbridge area please send me there numbers. Thanks all.

Dry the area in the shower completey. Remove all the silicone where you suspect it is and re apply silicone providing it is dry. If you cant get it dry use a sealant that can be used on wet. Something like ct-1. Give it a day before testing.

Back