Cable Signal Issues ABM

databiz

I have just flashed wooshbuild V6. Have two NET ID's for my area. I have tried both NET ID'S both same results. Have put NET ID in Tuner Configuration and in ABM Provider. Tuner A is set to not configured.

After I scan in ABM. Most paid channels have no signal. Some work and some don't. Most don't work. Some have 0% signal in Signal Finder. When it does scan in ABM. It finds about 390 channels but its done in 10 seconds. Not sure how long it should take.

I tried a manual scan on a channel which doesn't work and it says 0 channels found.

I then tried a manual scan on a channel which has signal/works and all channels are found which took 5 mins as presumed this is how long it should take in ABM. All channels then work with most showing 92% signal.

When I go back into ABM and do scan in ABM, it reverts back to most channels not working.

Leaving as is fine but as ABM will scan every day so presume all channels will then have no signal again.

If NET ID was incorrect I presume a manual scan will not have worked either. The NET ID is the same as the one found in ABM providers and few searchers online show same NET ID. I have no box to check.

I have. I even re-flashed it and started from beginning. Manual scan works but they stop working if I scan I'm ABM.

Then it has to be an issue with the NET ID or a signal issue - how is your cabling set up? ... do you have a genuine VM service in your home?

If net id is incorrect will all channels work with manual scan? As they all seem to work OK when I do that. Only doesn't work with ABM scan

My broadband is with Virgin media. No TV only broadband.

Cable which comes comes from wall goes into splitter on single end. On the other end which has 2 holes. One cable goes into router and one cable into zgemma. The wire which comes from wall also has something called forward path equaliser attached to it.

Last edited:
When I scan in ABM it shows 0 Video and 0 radio when reading virgin and 396 videos for bouquet generation. Should it show 0 video and 0 radio

Last edited:
Those attenuators are used to reduce power levels - make sure it's screwed into the back of the router as you don't want it lowering your power levels into the splitter really unless the strength is really high.

What brand and frequency of splitter are you using and what cables?

When it's scanning, it doesn't count up - it will show 0 until the scan is complete then it will tell you how many it's found when it displays the bouquet generation message.

Note that only channels 1-5 in SD will clear without a paid line on the box too.

Got it to work. I only scrolled to the first area I saw. There were 2 net id's initially for my area - I didn't look further. I tried both initially. I have now even scrolled further until the end and found another net id which worked.

I have changed the wires around as did have attentuator into the splitter. Now changed that it goes into router.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry above should've read I will change wires but haven't . The attentuator is on the cable that comes out of the wall. I believe this cable goes into splitter. How do I then get the attentuator to go into the router. It is tightly screwed and wont come off either. Even if it did cant see how how I can attach to router cable.

When the VM engineer fitted an attenuator to mine, he screwed it onto the f connection at the back of the router then the cable screwed onto this.

Ah OK. Mine's connected to the cable so attentuator plugs into router. Guess I'll have to leave it as is and hope doesn't cause issues.

Back