Signal Issues

y2s2408

OK heres my issue.
Have a HDU-400 all was working fine and then my old superhub went bang.

So I was sent the new but crappy superhub 3.
Now ever since I have had issues with signal.

Basically my superhub doesnt work with the HDU if the Isolater is connected but the signal on all channels are fine but for a few but I believe this effecting others as their is a thread on the forum about it. Disconnect the Isolater and hub works fine but it seems to break some of the signal on some of the channels one or two of the HD Movie channels but the rest work fine.

Never had an issue before the hub was replaced.

Does anyone have any ideas on what issue could be and alos does the isolater have to be connected even if you have a HDU? The isolater is a technetix.

Its not a big deal but just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas.
It just irritates me because it worked fine before.

Thanks in advance.

all the isolator does it protect against things like electrical storm to stop your equipment going bang?
I don't have a superhub but I believe you can change to a different mode settings.?
Its also worth putting your box on a static IP address and have your DNS set to google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
Occasionally I get the odd blank movie channel which normally means I unplug / replug the cable to the STB and all seems fine.
In the video you will see each STB is connected to an isolator -

all the isolator does it protect against things like electrical storm to stop your equipment going bang?
I don't have a superhub but I believe you can change to a different mode settings.?
Its also worth putting your box on a static IP address and have your DNS set to google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
Occasionally I get the odd blank movie channel which normally means I unplug / replug the cable to the STB and all seems fine.
In the video you will see each STB is connected to an isolator -

im not sure you can get a static ip address via virgin super hub can you??

Back