Signal magic numbers?

Hi guys. A chunk of channels give me problems. Glitches and freezes. I am using a USB tuner.

SNR around 35dB
Signal around -40dBm

Are these OK?

I guess it could be the line. But surely 1 channel is no different to another? Or do different channels decrypt differently?

Example. Disc turbo flawless Animal planet lots of glitches and freezes.

Chris

it's more likely to be the co-ax cable running between your box and your cable junction point.

Hi guys. A chunk of channels give me problems. Glitches and freezes. I am using a USB tuner.

SNR around 35dB
Signal around -40dBm

Are these OK?
Ask in here

http://www.techkings.org/threads/an...-october-november-december-2018.143399/unread
I guess it could be the line. But surely 1 channel is no different to another? Or do different channels decrypt differently?

Example. Disc turbo flawless Animal planet lots of glitches and freezes.

Chris

Try a test line from another provider because some less popular channels dont get shared as much therefore they might glitch from time to time :(y):

Ye I would imagine the cable isnt great. Its been in since we had sly in the early 90's. Cant just pull a new one through sadly.
Will try some more lines. Can anyone reccomend a good provider? We want all the channels to work not just the "popular" ones.

Ye I would imagine the cable isnt great. Its been in since we had sly in the early 90's. Cant just pull a new one through sadly.
Will try some more lines. Can anyone reccomend a good provider? We want all the channels to work not just the "popular" ones.

but this is the cable forum, yet you mention sky ?
so is your issue with cable or satellite?

It is cable. Using the same coax I installed for sky all them years ago.
I will post in that link you gave me and see if I can try a few different lines.

It is cable. Using the same coax I installed for sky all them years ago.
I will post in that link you gave me and see if I can try a few different lines.

Why cant you install a new cable because with the sounds of things the cable might be well n truly past its days and can cause all sorts of signal problems etc

Back