Signal Strength

Welshred

Hi all

Finally got the ZgemmaStar working, gift and all!

Was just wondering, as you can see by the pic, the signal strength is low. It is rough weather here this evening, but wondered if there is anything I can do to increase this?

I have a standard sky dish that was installed around 5 years ago (HD sky plus box at the time).

I thought it may be down to the gift, it freezing, but then seen the signal strengths - and assume it's due to either the weather or the dish itself. If anyone has had same / similar issues, can you please let me know what you did to resolve the issue? Booster or software, anything really ;)

Thanks!
4399b503f0738b7db6840387bea60e03.jpg

Haha! Ah shit... n00b error! :)

Is there a way of checking the strength as last night it was freezing moreso than my skybox?

Would that be the dish / the box or the gift?

Yeah it is, I recall seeing that now!

Will check the strengths today. Is there a booster you can attach to the dish or box, that will increase the signal at all?

decent reading on one of these is snr 60+.
Next time it glitches hit ok twice to see.
more than likely the weather/ggift usually

lol that made me laugh!

usually if things freeze its more likely the quality of the line from your provider or the quality/speed of your internet to your box.

Just out of interest do you have a wifi set up or Ethernet going into the back of your box? I have always been told its better to have Ethernet rather than using wifi to provide better internet signal to your box.

Haha, n00b!
I use an ethernet via homeplugs. Always have, as wifi in my house is useless - router upstairs and limited wifi downstairs.

If your router is on 24/7 it can build up static apprently. So try rebooting, but alos pressing ok twice you might see your ECM time on left. If it is regulary high, prob 7.0 (700ms) or above this will cause freezing

Back