signal

joephayer

Had to replace old satellite dish on front of house it lost signal so decided to replace it as it was well rusted but when put new one back no signal tried for awhile still no good noticed there are trees directly in front of house would this be problem .sorry in wrong section

Last edited:
Yes quite possible if very tall and in line of sight/and or could be faulty cable or lnb also.
You would need to check dishpointer.com to see if its pointing correct way and can use an app on phone also.

Yes quite possible if very tall and in line of sight/and or could be faulty cable or lnb also.
You would need to check dishpointer.com to see if its pointing correct way and can use an app on phone also.
ya they are tall trees using new dish cable and lnb the old dish was up long time id say who ever installed it might have been just lucky to get a signal

ye will be the trees ha to get an extension pole on mine on the chimney because of trees at the back of the house

Might be best reposition your dish
For good clear line off sight
Trees always cause bad signal problems

Reading your post again Your correct saying
They where lucky to get a signal When testing
With a sat meter You might recieve a signal
for short period off time Then no signal
Due to the obstruction Been in this position
Myself before In the end moved the dish

just move dish so its higher than the trees as if you just find a straight line it will work for a bit but what happens when the branches grow are the wind blows as the will put you back to square one i got some one out to put mine on pole on the chimney only cost £30

just move dish so its higher than the trees as if you just find a straight line it will work for a bit but what happens when the branches grow are the wind blows as the will put you back to square one i got some one out to put mine on pole on the chimney only cost £30
Have a bloke coming to move it thanks for advice lads

Back