Skip instead of fast forward

Gazz1e

Just dumped my Humax box for a Zgemma and installed whoosh build. It's great, but one thing I miss is being able to press the >> button to step through 1 minute of recordings and press << to step back 15 seconds. Usually four >> is enough to skip all adverts.

Is it possible to skip rather than fast forward?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On number pad
<1 - 3> 15 seconds
<4 - 6> 60 seconds
<7 - 9> 300 seconds

Wow this is a find silver...nice one!.... Just to elaborate a little....1 goes 15 seconds back. 3 goes 15 seconds forwards...4 and 6 pro rata nicely.....great for watching goals over and over on MOTD [emoji2][emoji106]

Don't thank me

If you are referring to playing movies. Your numeric buttons are your skip. These settings are in Recording settings.

mine are default I think

1/3 = 15 secs
4/6 = 60 secs
7/9 = 300 secs

seek is long press < or >

in recording and playback settings on vix we can change how many seconds each function does including fastforward and rewind speeds but the above are the default settings i'm not sure if you can change it on openatv

Last edited:
on openatv you change it the same way. Set it to what ever you want. I was just showing what the default ones were.

Is it possible to have the skip buttons dedicated to skip forward/backward x seconds? These seem to duplicate fast forward/rewind anyway. While timeshifting it's too easy to end up entering a channel when you get to the beginning/end of the timeshift and also skip doesn't work until you're out of real time. Happy to edit any config files required.

Actually, the main reason I want to do it is because I use a Harmony ultimate remote and it doesn't have dedicated number buttons.

Back