Sky and vm setup

walf1888

Hi,

Have just got an h2 and have it setup with vm using sucmsee vix image. I have a working sky dish and have a sub to sat server. Can anyone tell me what i need to do in the settings to get both sat and vm working together on the box?

Regards,

Walf.

ftp them both into usr/keys/newcamd.list and restart mgcam ;-)

not correct lamblamb...you missed that he is using VIX & this is slightly different as line goes in ETC folder!

There are good guides on here that will walk you through the steps you need to take but i would suggest setting your tuners up one at a time starting with the sat tuner which is tuner A so turn off tuner B, setup tuner A then switch...turn off tuner A & setup tuner B... its a bit long winded to write it here so best to follow the guides

Last edited:
ftp them both into usr/keys/newcamd.list and restart mgcam ;-)

not correct lamblamb...you missed that he is using VIX & this is slightly different as line goes in ETC folder!

There are good guides on here that will walk you through the steps you need to take but i would suggest setting your tuners up one at a time starting with the sat tuner which is tuner A so turn off tuner B, setup tuner A then switch...turn off tuner A & setup tuner B... its a bit long winded to write it here so best to follow the guides

??? I'm on vix and ATV and on my Vix boxes and every other vix box I've set up newcamd.list goes in Usr/Keys folder......cccam.cfg goes in ETC on vix for me

---------- Post Merged at 10:33 AM ----------

Also this guide is how to set up a combo

http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

Have been misunderstanding this all this time...?
is it ONLY CCcam on VIX that uses the etc folder?

I am often wrong & wouldn't be surprised if I am again here, I don't pretend to be anything other than an enthusiast but from all the reading/learning I've done on here I was under the impression that VIX looks to the etc folder as a short cut to user/keys & has been the cause of many posts on here hence my reply.

Etc folder should have cccam.cfg and will be fine with c/n lines

If using user/keys newcamlist you would need to delete N: and replace with CWS = in your line. C lines wont work there.

changing line types & locations I'm fine with as Ive performed hundreds of installs on many different boxes, it was just the VIX & etc folder thats thrown me. To be fair I seldom use or install VIX anymore as I don't care for it, ATV all the way for me as it just works regardless of the box its on.

My understanding (which may be wrong, im not VIX friendly) is that VIX looks for the etc folder & atv looks for user/keys, CCcam.cfg on VIX definitely goes into the etc folder but I also thought when using MG_cmd you needed to place the newcmd.list in both locations for it to work...Im going from memory which isn't a strong point of mine but I'm sure I recall placing the file in user/keys only didn't clear channels. If someone could clarify I would be grateful

How can I get to turn on the second tuner on my zgemma box I've got tuna A ok but tuna B is not config please HELP

---------- Post Merged at 12:48 PM ----------

I keep getting no tuner when I want to record one program and watch another

changing line types & locations I'm fine with as Ive performed hundreds of installs on many different boxes, it was just the VIX & etc folder thats thrown me. To be fair I seldom use or install VIX anymore as I don't care for it, ATV all the way for me as it just works regardless of the box its on.

My understanding (which may be wrong, im not VIX friendly) is that VIX looks for the etc folder & atv looks for user/keys, CCcam.cfg on VIX definitely goes into the etc folder but I also thought when using MG_cmd you needed to place the newcmd.list in both locations for it to work...Im going from memory which isn't a strong point of mine but I'm sure I recall placing the file in user/keys only didn't clear channels. If someone could clarify I would be grateful

Openvix ETC folder is for a .cfg file
Openvix Var/keys or usr/keys is for a .list file

OpenATV any file goes in Var/keys or Usr/keys

Have went well off topic. Rhe thread was originally for help on what settings i need to change to get the sky going as well as vm. Im happy to use newcamd.list forbothservers if thatis the correct thing to do.

Ok, let's get back on topic.
For a start you will need a sub for sat (which you say you have)
And a sub for VM
What have you got for the sat C line or N line?

Ive got nlines which i will put in newcamd.list. Vm already going. What will i do in menu/setting in sucmsees vix to get sky going?

Back