sky box

just4sat

Hope I am in the right section ..
I am thinking of buying a skybox as I failed with my Dynavision DV9000..
is Sky box can only show 28.2 or all satelite .. I have a motorized dish and an active Cline and I am in the Uk..
Also which one is the easiest to set up and understand ..
Many thanks

Hope I am in the right section ..
I am thinking of buying a skybox as I failed with my Dynavision DV9000..
is Sky box can only show 28.2 or all satelite .. I have a motorized dish and an active Cline and I am in the Uk..
Also which one is the easiest to set up and understand ..
Many thanks

As long as you have what is required to view them that box will work

Thanks for your quick respond ...
From your reply I understand that I will be able to scan all EAST to WEST and view....Hotbird,arabsat etc will be scanned and shown not just limited to 28.2..

Thanks for your quick respond ...
From your reply I understand that I will be able to scan all EAST to WEST and view....Hotbird,arabsat etc will be scanned and shown not just limited to 28.2..

When you go into the scanning mode you will see all the sats you can pick from so as long as your disc is motor driven you should have no problem, you should also be able to get a bouquet im sure with all the channels preset if you do a bit of work on google, satbox have their own website so you could also look there.

As always do a bit of research on everything your buying that way you will understand things better.

thanks for that ...I have to decide now which box ..I don't want to make the same mistake again and waste £250 on another Dynavision..

blade a better box than a f3 or get yourself a dm800 and be done with it loads off help from all over the net

blade a better box than a f3 or get yourself a dm800 and be done with it loads off help from all over the net

No point in having loads of help if the person is not technically minded let them start with a simple box first and work their way up, the f3 is a simple plug and play box which can be updated with usb, you cant do that with a dreambox.

I am really grateful for the different views and appreciate all answers ... I had a spiderbox for 3 years and had no problems sorting out then it died on me .. I still got my active sea lion but not using them at the moment as I can not make head or tail of this Dynavision DV-9000..I am pretty good in tech as I am a retired senior sofware developer for the biggest Software and operating system establishment in the world but that is a different story...I have looked at the dreambox and the skybox ..I just need something to plug in ,update ,scan,insert my sea lion and go and it has to be compatible with slingbox solo... so..which one can do that ..dont forget I am 64 years old and you can not teach an old dog a new trick...Thanks for all your suggesions..

I am really grateful for the different views and appreciate all answers ... I had a spiderbox for 3 years and had no problems sorting out then it died on me .. I still got my active sea lion but not using them at the moment as I can not make head or tail of this Dynavision DV-9000..I am pretty good in tech as I am a retired senior sofware developer for the biggest Software and operating system establishment in the world but that is a different story...I have looked at the dreambox and the skybox ..I just need something to plug in ,update ,scan,insert my sea lion and go and it has to be compatible with slingbox solo... so..which one can do that ..dont forget I am 64 years old and you can not teach an old dog a new trick...Thanks for all your suggesions..

Well unless there is another person that knows i am out on this one as i know nothing about the solo or the slingbox so i will bow out on this one sorry !

BoxT.....many thanks ...the solo is not an issue here... it just need output from the box...so the question would be.. does the f3 has hdmi and scart output...??I had a look and I think the f3 would be an easy choice for me as I dont know what is the differents between all the many models

BoxT.....many thanks ...the solo is not an issue here... it just need output from the box...so the question would be.. does the f3 has hdmi and scart output...??I had a look and I think the f3 would be an easy choice for me as I dont know what is the differents between all the many models

Hi m8 it has a hdmi connection and a composit connections here is a view of everything on the box inc pictures have a look.

http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3/41018-skybox-f3-set-up-guide-tutorial.html

I have used a slingbox before the only trouble i found with them is setting up the remote control i no they work on the dm etc not sure about the f3,if u have had a spider box your going backwards getting a f3 they do work and there cheap.Its down to cost really blade box simple to setup or u could even look a the technomate box.what i will tell u is pick a box which is well known.

Many thanks guys ..now I will do a bit of homework and hopefully I make up my mind ..but your help has put me on the right track and it is well apreciated...

Back