Sky Movies SD black

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
I had an issue with one of my boxes missing a few channels which appears to be down to poor connection somewhere but while I was checking which channels where effected I noticed I'm not getting sky movies SD channels.

I checked on my other box which is on a different cable connection and noticed I'm not getting sky movies sd channels on that box either but im getting all other movies channels HD and SD.

The snr on the sky movies channels is 0%, I didn't think it was line related but just tried a test line from a totally different server and I'm still getting black screens on sky movie SD channels.

I know in normal circumstances if there is a blackout of any kind then it will be all over this forum but being that it's the SD channels then I am thinking people wouldn't have noticed as they would be using the HD channels.

I am in Netid 00008, and wondering if anyone else is seeing black screens on the sky movies SD channels.

thanks @rs500nutter sky hits sd appears to be working but the other sky movies SD aren't

Tried yet another test line and that made no difference, so either my brown box has an issue as two connections coming from it are effected or it's a virgin thing.

open it up and give it a spray with wd40, or disconnect it and put it in a low oven for half an hour, probably filled with water

I took cover off and it looked dry, still got years of cobwebs in place, will have a play and see what happens

Hi r u using a powered splitter inside
no not powered

Just checked all movie sd variants on my box @grog68 all working ok mate :(y):
Thanks for checking @rs500nutter you're the second one in the Netid 00008 that's confirmed all working so must be my end.

tbh not sure how long they've been black, sure I must have checked at them at some point but as HD are available never use the SD variants.

No worries mate im the same i always watch hd where possible :(y):

Did you manage to sort the sd channels @grog68 just checked mine again and all working :(y):

Last edited by a moderator:
no not yet, the main box has the sports channels which is the main thing and as long as movies are available in HD then I wont worry about it, because I'm lazy lol

this afternoon there was an engineer working on big green box at top of our street. not the smaller one that is on the street. Anyway thought nothing off it until now and wondered if he was playing. So on our main box, the other day it wasn't getting any sky movie sd channels apart from Hits, tonight it's getting them all but sometimes with so much pixelation they're not watchable, but other times they are fine.

Will check f1 channel on other box in a bit but wonder if its vm playing about rather than connection issue.

Back