Sky+ no signal

Moonstone

Can anyone help. We recently sent sky q back. Using sky+ for free sat. Downstairs the box works perfectly. Cannot get box upstairs to work. Says it’s initialising when it switches on then tells me it’s getting no signal. I’m losing the plot with this.

Sky q uses a different lnb maybe your sky q feed is now wrong in that room
We changed the lnb on the sat dish outside back to a quad. I thought this would do the trick. It made the downstairs box work but when I took exact same box with all cables upstairs it kept saying box still initialising then telling me no signal after that.

When was the last time the box was in use upstairs? ... to me, it sounds like a cabling issue from the lnb into the upstairs room.

When was the last time the box was in use upstairs? ... to me, it sounds like a cabling issue from the lnb into the upstairs room.
Around 2 years ago.

We cannot get freeview upstairs as we have no aerial socket. Just wanted to plug sky box back in to use it for the free channels. It works perfectly fine downstairs but not upstairs. Could we possibly have cables wrong on the lnb on sat dish?

Could the 4 sockets we have on wall downstairs be anything to do with it? We have 2 sky sockets and 2 coax on wall in living room where sky cables come in from outside

Possibly a bad connection recheck cables and f connectors
Would the 2 cables that were tied back out the way when sky q was installed become damaged

Sky q uses a different lnb maybe your sky q feed is now wrong in that room
We got rid of sky q we just want to use the sky box as Freesat as we have no aerial socket in bedroom upstairs

If cables tied back could let water in and might need new cables

Could the 4 sockets we have on wall downstairs be anything to do with it? We have 2 sky sockets and 2 coax on wall in living room where sky cables come in from outside

4 sockets sound like 2 sky f connector plates with threads, are the other 2 cable/ aerial push in types as cant see sky using them.
Post a picture of living room as more likely that room has 2 sky feeds and other room previous had 2 feeds working off a quad lnb.

4 sockets sound like 2 sky f connector plates with threads, are the other 2 cable/ aerial push in types as cant see sky using them.
Post a picture of living room as more likely that room has 2 sky feeds and other room previous had 2 feeds working off a quad lnb.

We
just put a new quad lnb onto the dish

FE0C2345-57A7-42D5-957A-5C493F3CDE46.jpeg

Attachments

• 04FB4E91-E785-4C1A-8856-9CA94C6A56AE.jpeg
    04FB4E91-E785-4C1A-8856-9CA94C6A56AE.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
The ones on the left have threads =sat? are the ones on right both push ins?
That is a faceplate that could have any plate added like hdmi or lan as got them in my kitchen.
picture above looks like twin sat feeds.

The ones on the left have threads =sat? are the ones on right both push ins?
picture above looks like twin sat feeds.
Yes 2 satellite and 2 push in co ax? Downstairs. 2 sat upstairs. Which is what we have used to connect the sky+ box. The only thing I can think of is the 2 cables that weren’t in use on the sky dish have become damaged. Why do we need 4 sockets downstairs? We had a tv engineer come and install sky and freeview when we built this house in 2015 since we’ve had sky q installed only the living room socket works for both sky and satellite

Push in connector suggests freeview via aerial on roof nothing to do with sky .
Lnb on sat needs 4 cables into 2 rooms for twin feeds like on sky + hd boxes.
Are there 4 cables connected to lnb on sat dish.

Engineers can install both sat and freeview at the same time if asked as you might have a freeview box or tv with that tuner.

That is the room with your issue? years ago were you using another box in that room like a cable box for freeview or only sat?

Push in connector suggests freeview via aerial on roof nothing to do with sky .
Lnb on sat needs 4 cables into 2 rooms for twin feeds like on sky + hd boxes.
Are there 4 cables connected to lnb on sat dish.

Engineers can install both sat and freeview at the same time if asked as you might have a freeview box or tv with that tuner.
Yes we just installed a universal quad lnb the previous one left over from sky q was just a double. The 2 leftover cables were just left cable tied to the arm of the dish. We asked engineer to wire up 2 bedrooms for freeview and sky the remaining 3 bedrooms were to be freeview living room sky and freeview and kitchen only freeview. From day one we have had sky in the house which is the boxes we have gone back to.

That is the room with your issue? years ago were you using another box in that room like a cable box for freeview or only sat?
The issue is the room with the double sat feed only which is the upstairs bedroom

Only ever used sky in upstairs bedroom. Sky + then we upgraded to sky q

We also have one of these which we think was when we used a magic eye for sky through in kitchen would that be right? image.jpg

Yes we just installed a universal quad lnb the previous one left over from sky q was just a double. The 2 leftover cables were just left cable tied to the arm of the dish. We asked engineer to wire up 2 bedrooms for freeview and sky the remaining 3 bedrooms were to be freeview living room sky and freeview and kitchen only freeview. From day one we have had sky in the house which is the boxes we have gone back to.

What are the 2 cables tied to the arm i wonder,can you see if 4 cables are connected to the quad.
It depends on what way cables are run as i would use 2 x sat cables + another cable for freeview from aerial.
Others might use a diplexer to join 28.2 and freeview into one cable feed and another in room to split into sat and freeview feed.

What are the 2 cables tied to the arm i wonder,can you see if 4 cables are connected to the quad.
It depends on what way cables are run as i would use 2 x sat cables + another cable for freeview from aerial.
Others might use a diplexer to join 28.2 and freeview into one cable feed and another in room to split into sat and freeview feed.
We have joined up those 2 cables that were tied to the arm of the dish back into the quad that we bought. That made the downstairs sky box work which we thought was great it’ll work upstairs too but it does not.

Draw a diagram with your cables/junction boxes etc.

And please confirm satellite box works downstairs
I wouldn’t know where to start. Our aerial is in the attic along with 2 black boxes. The sky dish sits on the ground outside and the cables run diagonally from there into the living room. The bedroom in question is directly above the living room cable I’m not sure where the cable goes for that sky connection. We don’t have a coax socket in the bedroom for freeview

Back