sky or fta ( can it be possible )

petersago

new here and not that savvy with the satelite talk. Father in law wishes to stop the account to sky as it is getting too expensive. The dish is his and i know the the satelite is the same as for free to air which is what i myself has got but do you have to change the LNB or can you use the same one for the free to air only change the satelite box. I live in ireland if that makes a differencs.
would be grateful for any help atall

new here and not that savvy with the satelite talk. Father in law wishes to stop the account to sky as it is getting too expensive. The dish is his and i know the the satelite is the same as for free to air which is what i myself has got but do you have to change the LNB or can you use the same one for the free to air only change the satelite box. I live in ireland if that makes a differencs.
would be grateful for any help atall

He wont get any of the uk channels as fta in Ireland nor will he get RTE programs either, what he can do is keep his box and ask sky for a FTA card that way he will get the RTE programs and some of the other FTA NOT UK unles he uses the other channels option.

Irelands FTA system runs on an aerial and not thru dish

sorry but i think your a little bit out there. I have the FTA channels (english channels) on satelite and the rte and network 2 channels on the aireal. What i wanted to know is it posible to use the LNB that you use for sky can be used for the FTA as well knowing the it is coming from the same satelite only a different box than sky

sorry but i think your a little bit out there. I have the FTA channels (english channels) on satelite and the rte and network 2 channels on the aireal. What i wanted to know is it posible to use the LNB that you use for sky can be used for the FTA as well knowing the it is coming from the same satelite only a different box than sky

Ok i will put it like this for you on your Satalite box from (Sky) in ireland they dont receive itv channels or c4 or utv as FTA if you have a subscription with them

if you dont have a subscription with them and you just plug in the box you will get all the Uk channels FTA but you wont get the Irish ones as the box defaults to UK regions.

Yes you can use the dish fro FTA channels with a dreambox or the like of them but you wont get the Irish channels as they are not FTA on the sky line up, not with saorview.

Hope this is right now :)

thats the answer i was looking for thx. realise i have to get an aerial for the irish soarview channels but did not know if i needed a new LNB for FTA as it is hard to change channels of the free sky as you have to keep going to extra channels to turn over. I have technomate for my free to air as well as sky free for the kids

you dont take the card out of the box switch off at the mains leave for 10 mins leave the card out and turn power back on the box will default to Uk so where RTE 1 is 101 you BBC1 will now be your 101

hope this helps

you dont take the card out of the box switch off at the mains leave for 10 mins leave the card out and turn power back on the box will default to Uk so where RTE 1 is 101 you BBC1 will now be your 101

hope this helps

so let me get this right, Turn the box off for 10 to 15 minutes with the card in. Take the card out before switching on the box again and the box then defaults to FTA channels. Do the free channels come together as a group or do you have to put them together manually. Like there all mixed in with the now scrambled channels. On the older boxes you had to put them in one at a time on other channels. This new box is a little confusing.

Take the card out and leave out switch the box off at the mains for 10 mins when you turn it back on it defaults to the Uk region FTA channels so no more pressing the remote for other channels plus you will get your epg as well.

You will not get any of the RTE channels doing this, and you cannot put the card into the box while using it this way or it will revert back to ireland as local region.

All channels will be the same as the Uk get them 101 bbc1 102 bbc2 etc etc

Take the card out and leave out switch the box off at the mains for 10 mins when you turn it back on it defaults to the Uk region FTA channels so no more pressing the remote for other channels plus you will get your epg as well.

You will not get any of the RTE channels doing this, and you cannot put the card into the box while using it this way or it will revert back to ireland as local region.

All channels will be the same as the Uk get them 101 bbc1 102 bbc2 etc etc

thx boxt. its looks so easy when you know. One thing that was put to me was that you cannot recieve c4 or the 5* channel. Do you have to put them in manually and how would i do this

I think you can now but if not you will have to get it in other channels, but if you know someone in the Uk you could ask them to get you a freeview card from sky, i think there is a 20pound charge and you will get them then. ;)

---------- Post Merged at 05:23 PM ----------

Noel he has it that way now he dont want it like that he wants the FTA channels just like they should be on the box in the uk ;)

Back