Sky Q box no subscription

I have hybrid lnb fitted with 1 spare connection but will the wide band feed also work with vu box?
It depends on the hybrid lnb you have. The older ones will, the newer ones won’t. Can you post a picture of the lnb?

Hi older 2 wideband
2 legacy

Attachments

• 20220524_094524.jpg
    20220524_094524.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
  • 20220524_094553.jpg
    20220524_094553.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
Hi just watched a Freesat video the new Freesat box works with sky q new wideband lnb record 4 channels at once but its expensive £260 ouch

Would it not be better if you dont need sky just to replace your lnb with a standard one and have your feeds back?

Hi thats what I was thinking still got the old lnb but when sky installed he cut the cables shorter not enough length left to connect old lnb

Hi guys I got my old dreambox dm 800 out it has one tuner I forgot do I do factory restore or use the old open atv 6 image on it what's the best image for the box I forgot how to setup tuner do I do auto scan manual or blind scan
Thanks

Thinking old image might be okay if just using freesat. Not sure but look in the dreambox might be a few posts?

Getting to old used to know all this stuff 🤔
If you like Freesat channels/recording etc it might be a better idea to get a higher spec box that will run your IPTV and satellite TV at the same time, any 4K enigma2 box will do this, then everything is in one place, you can record satellite while watching IPTV and everything is via the same remote and not constantly changing HDMI port

Tuner setup based on your description of dish/lnb:
Simple, Single, 28.2
P. S, would be same on new image or old image.

If you are using AutoBouquetsMaker or AutoBouquets 28.2, there is no need to scan.

Otherwise, if you don't have latest satellites.xml, then perform a blind scan. I think the DM800 had good blindscan function.

Manual scan is more configurable than automatic scan. If you do use it, scan the satellite, not just one transponder

Last edited:
Hi I have done blind scan but got all the sky paid channels how do I remove the paid and keep Freesat I think image is to old need to flash new image open atv 6 looking at boquete make but can't find how to view Freesat only

Which box E2 can do sat channels and iptv I already have Formular Z8 for iptv I just wanted a basic box for Freesat no messing about to replace skyq

Hi I managed to get the box up and running it might be old box from 2010 but got it to work nicely flashed open atv 6.4 got the Freesat bouquets setup and running if I have the money will upgrade the box what E2 box do you recommend for £100?
I noticed their isn't any good dedicated Freesat boxes
Thanks Guys

Back