SKY Q LNB query

Iain1979

Hi all,
Ok at the moment I have Sky Q with a mini box. Contract i have cancal it as it ended and moving back to family home as Ex moving out. (Main Carer here for my 2yo daughter). She asked if i can take on hers i said no. I will have little money when i move back so cant Afford it. She has Sky Q and Mini Box.
We have no Standered areail Point in out house.
So will need a box to connect to the Sky Q Disc. I do not want a Sub yet but might do later if i can raise the cash.
For now anyone got any idea of a box i can get that will work with the Sky Q disk. Like it to have TV guide etc. would also like it to record but not that important.
I am a techy kinda guy so i can buy a 3rd party box if it better and easier and install a wooshbuild or whatever out there.
I been out of touch so any ideas lads.. or ladies would be apprciated.

Would it not be easier and cheaper getting a 4k firestick and an iptv sub you need the main sly q box to connect to the mini box as it's done over WiFi all the channels to mini box that's why there is no lnb into the mini box mate

Would it not be easier and cheaper getting a 4k firestick and an iptv sub you need the main sly q box to connect to the mini box as it's done over WiFi all the channels to mini box that's why there is no lnb into the mini box mate
The mini box and sky Q box is going.. I be sending them back.
I need subtitles as hard of hearing as well so rather have a solid box or something.

You need to change the lnb for them to work with sly q I made them put hybrid in for q and keep my old ones connected for zgemma and classic sly boxes
Ok so any boxes im screwed on then. Will Just have to relie on Iplayers for now then.
Thansk anyway

Can you not change the lnb to a standard one as only a few quid and can use any standard satellite box then

Would need a hybrid LNB plus run new cables from dish to box. Hardly worth the hassle for what’s left on cardshare IMO

Yes its easy to do and a hybrid lnb will cover both for future use
the cable gonna be long.
Ok then i need to look at cost.
I will look at and try some IPTV subs if i can find some with subtitles. As soon as some debt paid of i will prob go back to Sky Q. need the recording s for little one.
Thansk for all your helps lads

Why pay for a Sky Q hybrid LNB? Cheaper to buy an ordinary quad LNB.

Should he choose to go back to Sky Q, he can ask them to fit a hybrid LNB.

Please disregard post if Sky allow for self connection on Sky Q

Why pay for a Sky Q hybrid LNB? Cheaper to buy an ordinary quad LNB.

Should he choose to go back to Sky Q, he can ask them to fit a hybrid LNB.

Please disregard post if Sky allow for self connection on Sky Q
I already have a Sky Q LNB. I will buy a hybird one to fit.

Just a reminder that once you have a box set up not all pay channels are available via satellite. Some are but lots are not. This is unless you are looking for free to air only.

But why Hybrid ( both Sky Q and regular) ? As I understand it, you won't be using Sky Q at the same time.
To what engineer told me at weekend is that there is 2 ports on the lnb on the dish for sly q and 4 spare for if you want freesat or any classic box the 2 at the front are hybrid and the others arnt so wouldn't need hybrid

I already have a Sky Q LNB. I will buy a hybird one to fit.
You just need the slyhd+ connectors have a look at your dish and see how many ports you have spare as the rest are for zgemma sly freesat boxes so would just need to run cable for those boxes I've got sly q cable in front room along with the cable for sly+HD and have same for bedroom told them I repair freesat boxes for a living so needed extra cables lol

The engineer is right if you are using both Sky Q and other receivers that can't use wideband LNBs, a hybrid LNB is needed.

Compare the price between a universal quad LNB and a hybrid LNB. To me, the extra money for the Hybrid LNB is being chucked down the drain becuase the wideband ports won't be used. He said he is getting rid of the Sky Q.

A Hybrid LNB is only needed if you're planning to run Sky Q & Legacy equipment concurrently. If you ever rejoin Sky, they'll send an engineer to install it and change it back. Just buy a normal Quad LNB, unscrew the cables, click the Q LNB off, click the new one on and reattach the cables. 1 minute job.

Back