sky q lnb

userlee5267

TK Veteran
Hello had sky q installed 2 years ago now. Just swapped to bt they seemed cheaper.

But now I want to use my tv for freeview but it doesnt except the cable from the q lnb

I've read they dont work. But what can I use instead? Is there any free view boxes or zgemma that I can use with the q lnb?

Dont fancy changing the lnb my self as I'll wreck the whole thing ha

Sky Q use their own lnb which differs,so if you left sky then you need another lnb that works with e2 boxes for sat.
Freeview is aerial on roof.
You will need to use a different lnb if you only had sky q and not a freesat box added then as when installing a hybrid lnb using both would have been used.

Very easy star head screwdriver Undo the adaptor holder Set the l.n.b at the same skew
Angle If you look at your satellite dish face on
The l.n.b sets at 1oclock

Were can I buy one of these lnb. Looked on ebay but not sure which ones alot say used on sky q in the small print

Even if you have had sly q there should be some spare ports on your dish for freesat or sly hd+boxes as I've got lnb coming into house for freesat aswell as sly q ran cable myself

It depends on the LNB sky fitted for Sky Q in the first place. If it was a dedicated sky q lnb then it is only suitable for sky q, clever by sky. If you had freesat and infomed sky they would install a hybrid lnb and this has 6 outputs 2 for q and 4 for freesat, it did not matter which output was used as box was the driver. So to change over get a hybrid lnb and its future prrof, ie get q at a later date.

Compatible Sky Q 6 Output HYBRID LNB For Sky Q HD / Freesat Same Satellite Dish 5060536948622 | eBay

bm

It depends on the LNB sky fitted for Sky Q in the first place. If it was a dedicated sky q lnb then it is only suitable for sky q, clever by sky. If you had freesat and infomed sky they would install a hybrid lnb and this has 6 outputs 2 for q and 4 for freesat, it did not matter which output was used as box was the driver. So to change over get a hybrid lnb and its future prrof, ie get q at a later date.

Compatible Sky Q 6 Output HYBRID LNB For Sky Q HD / Freesat Same Satellite Dish 5060536948622 | eBay

bm
Thats what I had fitted so I still had lnb for zgemma ect aswell as q

Did sky only fit their Q lnbs as default and changed to hybrid if customer had freesat boxes.
When we had q installed I mentioned I was planning on putting freesat upstairs so installed hybrid not too sure if they would've just put q lnb in otherwise

When we had q installed I mentioned I was planning on putting freesat upstairs so installed hybrid not too sure if they would've just put q lnb in otherwise

But you opened your mouth and told them hence why you got the hybrid lnb,the amount of people that did not say they had/adding other boxes later into the equation all had the Q lnb fitted.

Back