Sky/Satellite Services

IA90

Registered
Hi, I just need some advice. My friend has just cancelled his contract with Sky and is not willing to pay for their services due to the price. Was wondering with his Sky line what zgemma box he would need to get the Sky channels and whether channels are running with a Sky line because I heard they were clamping down?

Thanks

grahamer67

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
None of the Sky sports or movies on a sat line any more, no sky 1 or 2, atlantic, witness, there are still around 100 channels left including bt sports sds, premier sports, Eir sports, racing channels, theres a few lists on the forum, just type in channels still available on a sat line into the search box.

rs500nutter

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
If they are in a cabled vm area all the channels are still available apart from some of the sly sports etc and theres a good variety of zgemma cable boxes and other makes aswell ok :(y): this thread is for just introducing yourself if you want to ask questions post in the main threads etc ok

IA90

Registered
If they are in a cabled vm area all the channels are still available apart from some of the sly sports etc and theres a good variety of zgemma cable boxes and other makes aswell ok :(y): this thread is for just introducing yourself if you want to ask questions post in the main threads etc ok
Ah okay sorry. Unfortunately he isn’t in a VM area

formandvoid

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Another alternative would be IPTV and you would get all the channels but this would be through the internet.You could get a box that will give you freeview through your
satellite dish and sky through your internet (IPTV) on the same box. Just an alternative for you to look at.

edmoses

Registered
There is a option to turn your dish towards 19.2 east but you would need a different line.
Can we use the dish provided by sky and turn this towards 19.2 East or would you need a different dish? Also when you say different line do you refer to a Euro Line as this is what I hear ppl refer to on this forum?

Thanks.

pieeater2015

TK Veteran
as long as your dish is set to 19.2 east by what ever method you use,yes, set the tuner to 19.2 east and scan,you can also use autobouquet maker.

grahamer67

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
You would then need to get a Euro line , plenty of football, but not much, if any with english commentary, but there are plenty of movie channels that do have the option to change Audio to english.