Sky ultrafast 900mbs

userlee5267

TK Veteran
Hello

Gone for the 900mbs package sky actually phoned me with offers got it for a extra £10 a month with speed boost for free for 18months.

After being told I couldn't have it a few weeks back after having letters from BT, talk talk and sky themselves saying I can

Anyone else had it?. What's involved with the install? What router do they give you?

Betting the network is City Fibre who lease it out.

Fantastic to have some competition.
Yep no more virgin monopoly and others offering similar speeds now.

Good for customers as can see Internet speeds getting faster and faster next few years which will only breed competition and offer hopefully best prices to customers most importantly.

I was always under the impression I would have to goto BT first and use them for full fibre. Doesn't seem the case

Bt sent me the post ages ago saying it's now available.

It's all over head fibre. They spent a while doing our neighbors connection.

Not sure what we have to have installed inside. I see pics of a bt modem on the wall then the sky router connected to that.

But them posts are from years back so not sure if it's just the one router now?

If openreach have FTTPole installed for a certain length of time time any (almost) ISP can provide it.
It involves a small fibre box outside your house, connected to a small box inside your house connected to your modem/router, both internal boxes require power IIRC .
Mine took a couple of hours from the pole, (short pull) , but I had already drilled a hole where I wanted it to come in, and put some conduit along the wall (so the dog wouldn't snag the cable) , so maybe saved the guy an hour (max)
Allow half a day I'd reckon depending on your individual circumstances

Hello

Gone for the 900mbs package sky actually phoned me with offers got it for a extra £10 a month with speed boost for free for 18months.

After being told I couldn't have it a few weeks back after having letters from BT, talk talk and sky themselves saying I can

Anyone else had it?. What's involved with the install? What router do they give you?

What price are you paying for broadband? And has full fibre just arrive in your area or was it there for a while?

We've had both cityfibre and openreah roll out this week. I'm tempted to stick with Sky as they're tried and trusted. Plus, Voda's customer service is a joke.

My bill altogether is £61 but that's with sky q and Netflix too. My bill went up by £10 was £51. Said they could do discounts due to time with them

Literally a few weeks ago it was activated then we started getting letters saying we could have full fibre with bt, talk talk, sky.

Voda were horrendous for me. I got 80mb at midnight onwards. Anything after 9am it was dial up

Strange how we still can't get virgin media. Tried but says unavailable in your area
A friend of mine has the same problem, lives in a development of about forty houses put up after VM had cabled the area and it's not wired up.
If a new build estate is put up now, VM will pre cable the development of it's over a certain size.
My mate has enquired about it a few times and been told that unless he can get twenty other residents to commit then there's nothing they can do, they're not going to close roads and dig up the streets for one or two possible customers

Installed in just over three hours today. He did have to go back to a old job as he couldn't complete it and somebody phoned him up to meet up to fix the last job.

Had a problem connecting first try he had to phone somone to trouble shoot. The new little box on the wall had failed and needed some updates. Took some time to do updates.

Then connected fine. Getting 850 down and 40mb upload for now. It's gone to 900mb a couple of speed tests ago.

Gutted thought I would have a new router as I have had this one a while which I bought of eBay

Turns out it's there fibre and full fibre router it works for both ha

Having a nightmare with this. Never got anywere near 900 it just went worse and worse. They agreed to put me on the 500mb package. Which was the same only ever got 290mb with that.

So now on there 145mb package which is pants too only get 80 to 90. I can cancel next week they said once they try one more thing.

Said they need to try everything before I can cancel. Even they have said it's odd as the speed tests are all over the shop some days 25mb some days 80mb I've even gone to 512kb and have to keep turning router off and on.

Trying to say it was WiFi even got somone out to look at WiFi and they found nothing wrong.

Reading online sky have now removed there 900mb package from sale as they haven't got the infastructure for any more customers yet.

So I think it's over subscribed

Any other people got any recommendations?

Plusnet seem cheap.. bt are dearer.

Having a nightmare with this. Never got anywere near 900 it just went worse and worse. They agreed to put me on the 500mb package. Which was the same only ever got 290mb with that.

So now on there 145mb package which is pants too only get 80 to 90. I can cancel next week they said once they try one more thing.

Said they need to try everything before I can cancel. Even they have said it's odd as the speed tests are all over the shop some days 25mb some days 80mb I've even gone to 512kb and have to keep turning router off and on.

Trying to say it was WiFi even got somone out to look at WiFi and they found nothing wrong.

Reading online sky have now removed there 900mb package from sale as they haven't got the infastructure for any more customers yet.

So I think it's over subscribed

Any other people got any recommendations?

Plusnet seem cheap.. bt are dearer.
That’s the good thing with sky if you don’t get the minimum speed you can leave for free.
I’m with plusnet but not on the highest package I’m only getting 31 mbps but I’ve had no issues with them tbh bud just turn the usual settings off and good to go

That’s the good thing with sky if you don’t get the minimum speed you can leave for free.
I’m with plusnet but not on the highest package I’m only getting 31 mbps but I’ve had no issues with them tbh bud just turn the usual settings off and good to go
Not sure why people go crazy for superfast download speeds i am with shell get around 40 mbps steady and never have issues. 4 of us in the house all use internet at the same time nobody gets problems with it. If you are gamers i get the need for it but day to day use not required in most cases.

Back