SkyBox F3S - Problem with Remote Control

silveresp

Hi TK Guys and Girls

Just like the above Post says SkyBox F3S - Problem with Remote Control- I have a problem with the remote control it kinda works (very limited) and it doesn't. I'll explain some more.
Where it works - ONLY number pad 8 and UP arrow and DOWN arrow.
Where it doesn't - the rest of the remaining remote controls buttons.
It gitches from time to time, meaning it would just to number 888 and the only way to go back where i was watching; is to press+hold DOWN arrow to the channel i was watching. Real pain in the mule
I have changed the batteries 2 months prior to the remote not working.

Any solutions would be great!!

Any extra info needed just ask!
Thanks in advance

My initial post was going to be replace the box - at this stage it is old technology.
but I did a quick google to see if they were still available. It is the only way to check if you don't know anyone with the same box. That said, It is only 4 quid or so, it might save on buying a new box.

My initial post was going to be replace the box - at this stage it is old technology.
but I did a quick google to see if they were still available. It is the only way to check if you don't know anyone with the same box. That said, It is only 4 quid or so, it might save on buying a new box.
Thinking the same.. any recommendations?

Budget?
What are you going to use it for? (IPTV, Sat, Cable(I know F3s is sat))
Can you follow instructions for setting up?
There are about a million threads with the title "which box" - use our search function, and you are bound to find one of them.

Thinking the same.. any recommendations?
I think @wheelo meant try a £4 remote before changing the box if you are happy with it.
Theres dozens of far superior boxes about now, what are you wanting and what do you have available?
if you live in a cabled area, all channels inc sport and movies still work fine.
If not and you have a decent internet connection you can use iptv to get them.
Almost all modern boxes can get iptv, most enigma2 boxes are capable of sat, cable and iptv at the same time

Takes ten mins to type a reply on this POS fone grrr

I used to have skybox, wasn't same model though. dad had a different model to me also his remote worked when it wanted to and mine wasn't much better. the longer I had my box the worse it became its an ir sensor problem WITH THE BOX NOT REMOTE bought new remotes didn't work smashed the red plastic off box and remote, didn't work, even went as far as buying an ir extender cable all to no avail. Theirs a reason their only £30. think its time for an upgrade mate

Back