SkyBox F5s freezes

Hello everyone

Looking for some help

I have a skybox f5s. It worked fine for about 4 year. Lately it has started to freeze all of the time.. Some channels are completely unwatchable with freezes every few seconds

Ive noticed thst the SNR goes from around 76% to around 3% which is when the freezes happen...

My dish is fine as a friends box on the same server works ok in my house.. I contacted my server provider ad he gave my a new line which didnt work

Is my box broken? I did a firmware update from skybox.cc website via USB (i think I did it correct) and I have tried several different channel lists. It does the same when used at another house..

Is there anything I can do or is another box needed?

Any help would be appreciated!

Dave

if you have tried another box with the a line from the same supplier at your house and it was fine then maybe the box`s tuner is on the way out

I'd try a test line from a complete different provider first then if still the same may be time to replace your box

---------- Post Merged at 08:09 AM ----------

I'd try a test line from a complete different provider first then if still the same may be time to replace your box

Thanks for the replies, I forgot to say that I have already tried a channel scan and a blind scam but this causes the box to freeze halfway through the scans
Ill try and see if I can get a test line from somewhere but failing that ill buy a new box!

Hi im after some help my skybox f5 which we use as a spare for the bedroom but for some reason its started to glitch but only on ITV 1 HD ITV 2 3 & 4 HD channels all other channels work fine anyone now what it could be and if there is a fix? tried different channel lists to no avail
Cheers Paul

Back