skybox mini solo vix image?

sucmnsee

TK Veteran
Hi guys.
Me done booboo again :)

Was at uncles putting in a ibox and went to put a usb (stupidly setup for ibox, but not containing flash or anything) into the mini then booted up. Was hoping to just give him an epg as he currently didnt have anything in box.
I assumed that id just have to go through vix and just setup he 16gb usb etc.

Didnt get to do anything. Box showed the snowy vix bootlogo. Then infobar of channel. Played for 1 sec then black screen with small line along bottom edge. Which seemed to be just the one bar of moving pixels indicating picture behind black screen.

Turned off. Pulled usb and rebooted again and again. Same results. Bootlogo/infobar/1sec of playing then black screen. Remote works for 1st second after bootloader. If hit menu, the menu shows but still all freezes and black screen in behind the menu pane which is frozen and remote not working.

I take it ive bricked it until reflash? Hes paid £40 for yrs service off guy he bought from anyway so he should just come out and reflash for him anyway. But I want to be ready if I need to fix for him as I caused.

So

1 does it sound like temporary brick needing reflash or could I have proper bricked?

2 Any helios/apollo available for this box as I think snowy background was a v old vix Bootlogo.

3 is this box capable of using epg/record etc as I cant understand why it would have been sold to him without this if it CAN.

Cheers m'dears :)

Last edited:
Okay mate, you are just about to say feck off wheelo, but jeez, do you have the luck of the Irish, or what. the ideal thing to say to our relatives (unless they are paying) is "no, I don't know anything about this box".
It's quit e the connundrum, but if a null modem cable is of any use to you, Ill post one to you.

Lol fingers crossed his guy can just reflash it.
Surely if its booting its flashable?
I just forgot the last load of usbs I got I went ahead and initialised on a 2+ lol

Ill replace it with a 2+ for him anyway but would save me the postage! Im not doing that 120 mile run again in a hurry.!!! lol

---------- Post Merged at 02:32 AM ----------

(And after going straight from work the 60miles and spending 4 hours moving his 3 sets of tech (surround sounds and all) in a rotation through the three rooms I thought id better pop in on gran and granda an say hi. 2 mins in door 'would you set up that wee youview box from talktalk when ur here?!! lol at 11.30!. Im sorry but I had to just say "next time" sorry.! :( )

sucmnsee feels a shit

:(

The fact that it is functioning ok (just weird settings) suggests that a simple reflash should do. It would be interesting to know exactly what was on the stick as this might prevent others having a similar experience.
So you had a real fun Saturday I guess.

if box was bricked=red light only i would think,possibly needs bootloader flashed first then image using correct ones for that model,be needing another section for skybox mini solo issues lol

if in doubt use the starview1 fix

Last edited:
Nice. Cheers guys. Theyre calling him tomorrow anyway so all should be well.

All mounts/swapfiles/media folder etc from a cloud ibox 2+ were on the usb. Also epg data. All from apollo 025. Guess the box would have tried to load these and fkd the old vix that was on there. My bad. Forgot it wasnt just a blank fat32.

Back