Skybox Openbox No signal fix DIY how to make your own

mrj

Hi All,
Ok so im a bit of a noob when it comes to the f5s however I am a bit techy so know my way around stuff. This one has me baffled though.

1, Take a feed from my sky+ hd and feed it into f5s = no Boomerang or boomerang +1
2, Remove the other feed from my Sky+ hd and i get the channels. But the second I connect 1 cable back to the sky+hd box i loose it again.
3, Run a loop cable from the F5s into the Sky+ hd and channels stay and I get a signal on sky. BUT!! the minute I connect the 2nd cable back into sky I loose boomerang again.

any ideas?
Cheers
MRJ

---------- Post Merged at 12:30 PM ----------

(y) Spotted LNB power in the menu. Reminded me of something that used to happen on Humax pvrs, Turned off LNB power and hey presto. all working.

It's a common problem when connecting another box to the same LNB as the F5s box, that the channels on the vertical transponders are lost.

There's a fix available on Ebay. Search for "no signal fix".

If I switch the LNB power off it works but I then loose other channels. Looks like ill have to get a fix from ebay. Cheers

one of the problems posted with using skyboxes and providers box and sometimes the fix dont work,better quality boxes dont give this problem,all boxes need their own feed and maybe new lnb.

Yeh they work a treat and cheaper and easier than new lnb

---------- Post Merged at 06:17 PM ----------

Can we not get that fix here for members for free?

Althouh im sure some technical guy could post a how to to make one yourself. I googled but couldn't find a how to. Openimg up a no signal fix it looks like a little blue resistor wired into sat cable.

Attachments

• 20140525_182057.jpg
    20140525_182057.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 20140525_182005.jpg
    20140525_182005.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

If anyone wants to have a go themselves, then it's only a diode in series with the LNB feed.

sucmnsee...that blue component is a capacitor, which isn't really needed. If you look underneath it you will see the diode (black component with a band at one end).

I have attached a diagram for any DIYers.

Attachments

• Diode_Fix_nocap_2.jpg
    Diode_Fix_nocap_2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 225

If anyone wants to have a go themselves, then it's only a diode in series with the LNB feed.

sucmnsee...that blue component is a capacitor, which isn't really needed. If you look underneath it you will see the diode (black component with a band at one end).

confirmed made one today vertical channels are now working fine

Can u send me a diagram or pic of where the diode goes thanks

Back