skybox purchase

steveyC

Hi,
I'm just about to make my first skybox purchase and I like the look of the f5 but I cant decide whether to buy one fully loaded or just buy the basic box. What's confusing me is the sea lion bit. I'm expecting that I'll have to purchase one anyway so why not buy it fully loaded. If I bought a new basic box would I need to do some kind of upgrade first. Sorry if I seem a bit dim but there's so much conflicting info my head's nearly done in.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Stevey

just buy the box without a gift and you will be fine,, i bought two off ebay ages ago i have had no problems to speak of just be carefull getting a sealine try and get a test line to see how you get on there is plenty of help on this forum, people say you should buy off amazon and do not buy off ebay thats rubbish just read the feedback and you wont go wrong....

Columbus,

Thanks for our input, I'm going to take your advice and do it myself. Hopefully I'll be back on in the next day or so looking for a recommended sea lion.

Cheers!

Hi, hope this is of help to Stevey C and the many others wondering the best route for skybox purchase. Ive been using this system for two years now and researched the subject well. Firstly it is better to buy box and service provider separate. Skybox F5s has the latest software and firmware installed. Your best price on ebay is from seller: 123gonesold If you can easily hardwire a network cable from your skybox position to your pc that's fine, if not purchase a skybox with a wifi dongle. DO NOT purchase an F6 box. (skybox haven't made one, the ones advertised are fakes, check out their website (skybox . cc) and check news page)

Secondly, best value and quality service provider can be found at ukcccamsharing . com (make sure you type it properly!) you can choose 1,3,6, or 12 month subscription and you can have a free 24hr test line. Personally I have the 12mnths @ £38 which is excellent value, but the best thing about this provider is they allow you two boxes per line where most others only allow one and you have to pay another subscription for a second box! Hope this helps you all !!

Sorry but I couldn't put www . in front of web addresses, Im a newbie here and as such cant post links or images yet!

Hi Stevey c and all others wondering the best route for skybox. Ive been using these a oouple of years now and researched subject well.
Firstly, buy box and line provider separately. Skybox F5s has latest software and firmware, Do Not buy F6, skybox haven't made one, the ones for sale are fakes. Check out their site: skybox . c c (www . first! Sorry techking doesn't allow links for newbies like me! ) and read news page. If you can easily hardwire network connection from box position to pc that's fine, if not then buy F5s with wifi dongle. F5s has hdmi as well and you can connect external hard drive for recording) I can recommend ebay seller: '123gonesold' for best price and service.
Secondly, you can find great quality line provider at: ukcccamsharing (www . first, . com suffix!) Subscribe 1,3,6 or12 months. Free 24hr test line. At £38 for 12 months its fantastic value and the best bit is you can have 2 boxes per line! Most others make you pay again for a second line. Check out their reviews on site. The latest channel lists are always available here too. Hope this all helps

Hi Guys,

I'm overwhelmed with the help I've been given so far. Its great that so many people are prepared to spend their time particularly at this time if year when time is precious.

Its great to know that I can come here when I inevitability get stuck.

Stevey

---------- Post Merged at 08:28 PM ----------

Ab7ckm,

Thanks for your help, just had a look at that site you pointed me at, unfortunately their not taking new signups at the minute, any others that you could recommend? If possible I'd like something that can give me 3pms but I've only got a fixed dish and I'm not sure whether thats possible... the dish I have is the normal sky+ setup.

Cheers

Stevey

Hi Stevey C, just had a quick look on ukccc site, I can only imagine they cant take anymore due to being fully subscribed without risk of losing service quality. I would suggest dropping them an email to see if they can tell you when they will be taking more subscriptions as Im sure they will be looking to upgrade/increase server capacity. I have tried other providers in the past and cant really recommend anyone that's as good as these people for quality 'glitch/freeze free service' The only thing I can advise is have a good look around (google 'camsharing') and choose one that has really good reviews or maybe there are other members on here that can recommend one??

Back