SkyQ Channel numbering with AutoBouquets 28.2E

Xiaomi

Hello,

I'm trying to get the SkyQ channel numbering system using AutoBouquets, but it is not performing correctly.

The channel numbers are out by a factor of 8. Channel 101 is BBC2 instead of BBC 1.

How can I resolve this channel problem - as I have some channels I want to add from another satellite onto this bouquet?

Also, can I get the SkyQ skin for my box - Mutant HD51?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

Hi - I found the problem - the swap file was referencing the incorrect BBC1 regional channel.
So, that is now sorted.

Now what I want to do is to add some channels from another satellite to this bouquet.

The 28.2 Sky channel list references 3 channels which are scrambled on 28.2. However, they are FTA on 9.0E and I have got them tuned into my HD51 as well.
What I want to do is to add these channels to the 28.2 Bouquet so that I don't have to change between the satellites.

How do I do this? I initially thought I just have to update the custom_sort_3.txt from:

01=160
01=161
01=162
01=163
01=164

to:

01=160
01=4211
01=3666
01=3668
01=164

However, it is not switching. What do I need to do in order to get this working?

Thanks.

You can't with AutoBouquets e2, you maybe able to with AutoBouquetsMaker using CustomMix

Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/blob/8d67cea750de76761ba238d94ce7bec6c1a0cdd2/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/README.txt#L164

My parents can't get used to having to switch between the providers for each satellite.
So, looks like I need to get open vix installed onto the hd51.

The openatv image is already installed. What is the best practice to put open vix onto the box? Do I overwrite open atv or do I download vix and set it as the default.

Theme.

ABM will not allow you to add services from non-ABM providers easily. I'd prefer the favourites.xml file instead of custommix.xml, it is more powerful than mix. ABM is a plugin, you can install ABM on OpenATV if you want, there is no need ot change image. If ABM will not do what you want, use a channel editor on your PC and make your own bouquets. E-Chanenlizer, Dreamboxedit, Dreamset are some applications that you can use. You can also use the function within OpenWebIf.

The HD51 is hardware multiboot device. You can flash other images in the other partitions if you want. OpenATv has a "flash online" function, it will give you option to select partition to install image. You can reboot to your chosen image.

Thanks. I couldn't figure out how to do this though.
All I want is to have the sky UK channel listing with 6 channels swapped out for those on saorsat. I can't find how to do it!

How do you want to achieve "mixing in" the channels?
Will these be your own bouquets or made by a plugin?
If made by a plugin, whichc plugin? will the plugin be updating these bouquets?

ABM does Sky UK, Sky IE, Freesat, SaorSat and Saorview. So your goal can be achived by ABM. It is pointless giving you advice on ABM if you are planning to use other methods.

If you are using SaorSat, it must be using the satellites.xml (nothing to do with ABM) file that is official instead of modified version.

The Sky bouquet contains 3 channels which are blocked on Freesat. What I have attempted to do is to create a bouquet using the Sky numbering system (which home owners are familiar with) - this will allow them to locate the normal channels that they view on Sky setup (which they have in main room).
However, the 3 blocked channels are available on Saorsat. What I am attempting to do is to create a bouquet for these channels and then swap them with the blocked versions on the Sky bouquet. However, I've been told in post 5 on this thread (http://www.techkings.org/threads/skyq-channel-numbering-with-autobouquets-28-2e.144394/#post-917489) that I cannot do this with AutoBouquets 28.2E.
Hence why I'm back trying it again with ABM.

However, the problem with ABM is that they have told me I need to use KA-SAT as the 'Type of LNB' in the transponder setup. (Refer to this thread: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59857-Combining-Sky-EPG-with-Saorsat).
However, that setup does not find a signal for the satellite. I, like most if not all people in Ireland use a dummy setup, which is a fake transponder (See technical section: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saorsat).
The fake transponder setup with a 'Universal LNB' locates the Saorsat signal. Whereas the KA-SAT setup does not. I've checked the transponder setup they have entered for Saorsat and it ties in with the 'real' values.
The LNB I have is a KA-SAT LNB, so it should find the signal.

One of the ABM developers told me that I could only get ABM to do what I required by using the KA-SAT method - as that is how ABM operates - it will not work with the fake transponder information.

This is why I moved to AutoBouquets - as I thought I could use it to generate a single channel listing, swapping out the channels on the Sky bouquet for those on the Saorsat bouquet.

Genuinely didn't think this would be so difficult to do.

William Oldwin had the LNB added to the Vix image. It does work according to him. Sadly, I think he has passed away, so cannot ask him to double check. This was added to OpenPLI too. Huevos and Athoik do a lot of the tuning/scanning items in the PLI/Vix images. Unfortunately, you do not want to listen to what he said. If there are issues, he will fix them, but not on another image.

I suggest you try the recommendations given to you by Huevos.
EDIT: OpenATV added the changes for Ka_SAT LNB here too

Code:
https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/commit/c82e0d9b570e6bdb987d3eb91c896ff262139275
For the time being, best you edit your bouquets using a settings editor or using the remote

Last edited:
AB 28.2 has the "s u pp le ment" file (spaces added to avoid triggering automatic edits by forum). I've never used it to implement a service from another satellite. So you may wish to give that a try. It may or may not work.

I've got a Triax KA TKT 001 dual LNB. Why would the OpenATV image not be able to pick up a asignal using this LNB and the KA_SAT?
As I stated in post #6, it looks like I'll need to install OpenVix firstly and try from there.

At this stage there are two possibilities:
1. Triax KA TKT is not suitable for the KA_SAT setup, in which case it doesn't matter what image is installed
2. OpenATV image has incorrectly setup the KA_SAT LNB

What is the best way to multiboot the HD51? The best way around this will be to get OpenVix onto the box and see if I can get it to work there. Hopefully that will then satisfy the users.

System OE: OE-Alliance 4.1
Firmware version: OpenATV 6.1.0 (2018-08-22)
Kernel / Drivers: 4.10.12 / 20180424

Back