Slow ioctl 'FE_READ_SNR', potential driver issu

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
OK I reflashed my box today, with grogbuild using the latest nightly build of ATV for my VU+ Uno 4k.

In the two hours since it was flashed, watching bbc 1 SD, the picture has frozen but the audio has continued but then the box has become unresponsive. Remote does nothing, cant load openwebif, can't connect via putty etc so have to power off and then back on and then everything is fine.

Looking at the debug logs I have the following messages, a lot of them.

Code:
17:01:08.2362 [!W!] dvb/frontend.cpp:1805 readFrontendData [eDVBFrontend] Slow ioctl 'FE_READ_SIGNAL_STRENGTH', potential driver issue, 39ms
17:01:09.3161 [!W!] dvb/frontend.cpp:1678 readFrontendData [eDVBFrontend] Slow ioctl 'FE_READ_SNR', potential driver issue, 40ms
17:01:09.3562 [!W!] dvb/frontend.cpp:1678 readFrontendData [eDVBFrontend] Slow ioctl 'FE_READ_SNR', potential driver issue, 39ms
17:01:09.3961 [!W!] dvb/frontend.cpp:1805 readFrontendData [eDVBFrontend] Slow ioctl 'FE_READ_SIGNAL_STRENGTH', potential driver issue, 39ms
17:01:10.4754 [!W!] dvb/frontend.cpp:1678 readFrontendData [eDVBFrontend] Slow ioctl 'FE_READ_SNR', potential driver issue, 39ms
17:01:10.5153 [!W!] dvb/frontend.cpp:1678 readFrontendData [eDVBFrontend] Slow ioctl 'FE_READ_SNR', potential driver issue, 39ms

I thought it may be poor signal (SNR) but it's 99%

I don't think this is build specific which is why I've not posted in the All Builds forum.

Does anyone know what the above means? have they seen the problem ?

snr on the box is always 95-99% only time it's been lower is when my cables worked loose.

It must be something to do with atv, I have done 4 boxes this afternoon with VIX ,three updates and one flash and they are all OK.(y)

i spoke to soon, its gone again .

Virgin media state there is the following issue:

Some apps like BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Prime Video and YouTube may be unavailable at the moment. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

not sure if its connected

ok nothing in the debug log as before son that log message doesn't appear to be related to my issue

i spoke to soon, its gone again .

Virgin media state there is the following issue:

Some apps like BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Prime Video and YouTube may be unavailable at the moment. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

not sure if its connected
Yeah had same area fault all week in 00008 area and intermittent broadband loss aswell so dunno if that can affect a box when flashing if you lose connection for a split second or not

Check power levels in router, login at 192.168.0.1
Use settings password from bottom of router
Snr should be around 38 or higher
Below 34.5 will cause problems

Check power levels in router, login at 192.168.0.1
Use settings password from bottom of router
Snr should be around 38 or higher
Below 34.5 will cause problems
SNR is 38 on all but 2 channels, the other two are 40
The signal is not the issue as my other box is not having the issues.

I've just put vix on to see if still happens,

And I have ATV running on an F1 with no issue so l guess that leaves an issue with VM at your time of flash.

Edit:- I don't like this ATV :unsure:
I have ATV running on a h52tc without a problem, when did you flash your box, I just wonder if it's a recent change/bug as I've tried flashing it twice tonight and had the problem after both times. Is the f1 arm or Mipsel ?

Flashed about 9.00pm. Mipsel

I have ATV running on a h52tc without a problem, when did you flash your box, I just wonder if it's a recent change/bug as I've tried flashing it twice tonight and had the problem after both times. Is the f1 arm or Mipsel ?

OK look at the egg on my face (I suspect), I think it was my grogbuild fr setup script

I had forgot I made a small change to it yesterday to remove a file once box is setup, I suspect that is causing it to crash. I hope that's it anyway.

I have reverted to the previous verson and reflashed the box this morning, and so far its not frozen

Back