Slow opening of IPTV stream

paulreape

Just wondering of anybody can help.

Current Set up:
Running a Vu+ Zero 4k box with EX AIO 3.1.3 on latest version of Open vix.

Problem:
XE plugin takes 30-60 seconds to open and its the same when I switch between IPTV channels, black screen for ages and then it will play. On the pre python 3 days this worked fine and its a disaster since the upgrades. This was also the same when I tried Jedi too.

Anybody have any ideas why it is so slow at loading? Internet is FTTH at 200mb so the internet isn't the problem as my link streams on my phone and laptop no problem.

Any help would be great.

Just wondering of anybody can help.

Current Set up:
Running a Vu+ Zero 4k box with EX AIO 3.1.3 on latest version of Open vix.

Problem:
XE plugin takes 30-60 seconds to open and its the same when I switch between IPTV channels, black screen for ages and then it will play. On the pre python 3 days this worked fine and its a disaster since the upgrades. This was also the same when I tried Jedi too.

Anybody have any ideas why it is so slow at loading? Internet is FTTH at 200mb so the internet isn't the problem as my link streams on my phone and laptop no problem.

Any help would be great.
Switch back to the older image if it's causing problems. I tried python 3 want back to older build

Have you tried the usual stuff clearing cache and reeboting router.
Cant get cacheflush to download, is there something wrong with the plugin downloads recently, have tried to get it for the last few weeks. Anybody have a link to an up-to-date .ipk file i can usb onto the machine

Switch back to the older image if it's causing problems. I tried python 3 want back to older build
Tried that and still having the same issue unfortunately. I am wondering if it is something to do with my box as it worked perfectly for months and then suddenly started having issues which is why I started to update and it has been a disaster since

Cant get cacheflush to download, is there something wrong with the plugin downloads recently, have tried to get it for the last few weeks. Anybody have a link to an up-to-date .ipk file i can usb onto the machine

Tried that and still having the same issue unfortunately. I am wondering if it is something to do with my box as it worked perfectly for months and then suddenly started having issues which is why I started to update and it has been a disaster since
Don't install updates, they're more trouble than they're worth.
Either flash the image again or go back to an earlier image, openatv 7 isn't worth bothering with yet, lots of plugins don't work with it.

If you were using openatv 6.4, flash it again and see if it works

If using Vix, flash the latest one based on py2 not py3

Xe can take a few seconds or so to load the streams up as it has to catchup to the server side of things also your provider may need to tweak the channel zapping times.
What specs are your box or ram ect as that can play a part do you have a usb/hdd mounted to store everything from xe these are my settings on xe via xe downloader plug-in compare them to your settings may help may not.
Work space media/HDD

Auto update plugin enable

Auto import enable

In deep standby skip imports

Import bouquets every hour disable

Start import after boot enable

Always reload vod when opening enable

Disable vod plugin no

iptv player 4097

Vod player 4097

TV offset 0

Press yellow wait till done

Press blue wait till done

Green to save

Are you using vix 6.2.? I think there was mention of vix 6.1 feeds been removed
Yeah working off Vix 6.2.001 and still getting the same issue of "Resources temporarily unavailable" after OPKG lock

yes i mean if you tried this line on android device .. so its work fine on it then problem related to your engima box
Before this, you must check the quality of the server
Works fine on my Android phone and Laptop via VLC, can flick between channels in 1-2 seconds. I though it was my box as a few others who I have set up for this issue is not happening so I recently bought an Octogan SF8008 4k but its still the same.

I cannot install cache flush as was suggested further up the thread due to feeds unavailable
Xe can take a few seconds or so to load the streams up as it has to catchup to the server side of things also your provider may need to tweak the channel zapping times.
What specs are your box or ram ect as that can play a part do you have a usb/hdd mounted to store everything from xe these are my settings on xe via xe downloader plug-in compare them to your settings may help may not.
Work space media/HDD

Auto update plugin enable

Auto import enable

In deep standby skip imports

Import bouquets every hour disable

Start import after boot enable

Always reload vod when opening enable

Disable vod plugin no

iptv player 4097

Vod player 4097

TV offset 0

Press yellow wait till done

Press blue wait till done

Green to save
Will match my setup to that and see if it changes anything.
Zapping times are okay on other boxes from the same supplier so I am assuming that is okay

Even opening the XE app takes 1-2 minutes and then freezes the box when trying to update bouquets or EPG. XE VOD opens no problem but movie/series stream takes 50 seconds to open, just like the channels

Old box I didnt have a USB set up as only one slot and I was using that for playstation TV for terristerial. Will try that on the new box and see.

Very odd that its happening on both boxes I have but nobody else is having the same issue, I must be just missing something small

Yeah working off Vix 6.2.001 and still getting the same issue of "Resources temporarily unavailable" after OPKG lock

Works fine on my Android phone and Laptop via VLC, can flick between channels in 1-2 seconds. I though it was my box as a few others who I have set up for this issue is not happening so I recently bought an Octogan SF8008 4k but its still the same.

I cannot install cache flush as was suggested further up the thread due to feeds unavailable

Will match my setup to that and see if it changes anything.
Zapping times are okay on other boxes from the same supplier so I am assuming that is okay

Even opening the XE app takes 1-2 minutes and then freezes the box when trying to update bouquets or EPG. XE VOD opens no problem but movie/series stream takes 50 seconds to open, just like the channels

Old box I didnt have a USB set up as only one slot and I was using that for playstation TV for terristerial. Will try that on the new box and see.

Very odd that its happening on both boxes I have but nobody else is having the same issue, I must be just missing something small
Opkg lock?

Have you tried opkg update in Terminal?
Type opkg update
Click enter

Both are an issue, i thought you were referencing the plugins
If you run opkg update it will sort out any queued updates etc and this may be the problem causing the sluggish channel changing.
Have you run it?
Are the channels loading any quicker?

If you run opkg update it will sort out any queued updates etc and this may be the problem causing the sluggish channel changing.
Have you run it?
Are the channels loading any quicker?
Brilliant, its working on my Octagon Box properly now but not on my Vu+ Zero 4k for some reason.

Back