sly channels

Maybe Nickelodeon, Nicktoons, Nick Jr. on 11141 H are somewhere else in your channel list, (Nick Jr. Too is on that TP as well), the ones on 11264 H don't work so well.

Hi Mike I think you are absolutely spot on regarding the transponders - having looked into it more closely, including flashing the latest Vix, which has not made any difference, I have found that the issue is that all 3 transponders (11141, 11264 and 11265, with only 11141 working) are associated with the Nickelodeon channel e.g., and unless I specifically pick the 11141 transponder manually (when on the channel, press down button, green to see Satellites info, pick 28.2, which will then show 3 identical looking Nikelodeon channels, with the middle one being 11141, which works if I pick it then), it remains dark.

I imagine it is not to do with the satellites.xml file, because it should come up-to-date with the latest (5.2.45) Vix, and in any case I have updated it using the setup menu, and I even tried doing a blind scan (which unfortunately goes nowhere because it seems blind scan has an issue with the OSMega's broadcom tuner...). So I am a bit stuck where I am, the question, is what can I do to make the box automatically pick the transponder that works?

Incidentally I have not been able to find a way to delete specific transponder(s) for specific channels either, but since this problem is not specific to this channel, I would hope a better way exists to fix it?

Many thanks in advance!

I have never ever deleted any transponders but run autobouquetsMaker to give working channels.
When you reflashed did you setup from scratch or used settings restore.

Hi Mike I think you are absolutely spot on regarding the transponders - having looked into it more closely, including flashing the latest Vix, which has not made any difference, I have found that the issue is that all 3 transponders (11141, 11264 and 11265, with only 11141 working) are associated with the Nickelodeon channel e.g., and unless I specifically pick the 11141 transponder manually (when on the channel, press down button, green to see Satellites info, pick 28.2, which will then show 3 identical looking Nikelodeon channels, with the middle one being 11141, which works if I pick it then), it remains dark.

I imagine it is not to do with the satellites.xml file, because it should come up-to-date with the latest (5.2.45) Vix, and in any case I have updated it using the setup menu, and I even tried doing a blind scan (which unfortunately goes nowhere because it seems blind scan has an issue with the OSMega's broadcom tuner...). So I am a bit stuck where I am, the question, is what can I do to make the box automatically pick the transponder that works?

Incidentally I have not been able to find a way to delete specific transponder(s) for specific channels either, but since this problem is not specific to this channel, I would hope a better way exists to fix it?

Many thanks in advance!
Probably a regional issue as Nickelodian on 11141 is Nickelodeon Ireland, have a look at Lyngsat for the current channels and their TPs - Lyngsat

Last edited:
How are you creating your bouquets?

Good question. Setup/Tuners & Scanning/ABM/Update Provider Files/Green button to Scan. I understand it is the way to ensure dead channels are missed in the bouquets?

Probably a regional issue as Nickelodian on 11141 is Nickelodeon Ireland, have a look at Lyngsat for the current channels and their TPs - Lyngsat

Mmm, that's strange, I am in London, and in the Setup/Tuners & Scanning/ABM/Providers, I have picked London SD Custom under Sly. Perhaps that is not sufficient to force box to pick the right transponder?

And you are right, Lyngsat says UK is 11264 it seems, but the one that works definitely says 11141 from Tuner Info, under Down Button/Satellites/picked channel out of 3/Menu/Show Transponder Info...

I have never ever deleted any transponders but run autobouquetsMaker to give working channels.
When you reflashed did you setup from scratch or used settings restore.

I used Willo's Vix 5.2 script (it was a Willobuild 5.1 before, and had the same problems then...), which automatically makes backups of bouquets and lines etc, which get restored, then couch updated to Vix 5.2.45.

I did an update on my solo2 and was never right afterwards,i always reflash and setup from scratch so i know no bugs are found..I can never keep up with openvix as things change all the time.

The one on 11265 MHz, Horizontal, 27500 also works.

There is a hack for this in ABM to include the working version in your bouquets. For it to take effect, you need to enable the "include not indexed channels" option in the ABM configure menu.

The one on 11265 MHz, Horizontal, 27500 also works.

There is a hack for this in ABM to include the working version in your bouquets. For it to take effect, you need to enable the "include not indexed channels" option in the ABM configure menu.

Yes the 11265 transponder is associated with the first Nickelodeon channel of the three listed under the green Satellite button when down arrow is pressed, and is dark. Only the one that says it is 11141 works - doesn't make sense right?

The "include no indexed channels" option is already on/Yes in the setup all along.

Perhaps the box is a sick puppy, I might have to flash a clean image from WoS, and manual configure :fearscream: everything from there, as cactikid has suggested.

@Speedygonzal,
if you perform a manual scan, single satellite, 28.2, network scan=off, how many services do you get?

Hi Abu I get 974 channels from the manual scan as you have suggested. For Nickelodeon, now I only get two choices (instead of 3 before). Tuner Setting Info (down arrow/menu/Transponder Info/Tuner Setting Info) of the first one shows it is 11264 MHz Horizontal 27500 - 2/3 (it is definitely not 11265 MHz). It appears it is not 100% dark, but 99.9% dark with occasional picture... The second choice on the other hand works perfectly, and the corresponding Tuner Info is 11141 MHz Horizontal 22000 - 5/6.

Definitely progress Abu, with one dead one gone :smiley:, despite the 99.9% dead one still appears to be the default.

Back