Sly On Demand Box

ephumuris

Just been reading an article on the black sly on demand box you get with the HD box. Turn out you can log into it and configure it to connect to an AP quite easily.

So would it be possible to use as a wireless adapter on a zgemma box or similar.

I know a wired connection is the best way to go but I'm just slightly curious.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

No I mean the little black AP they give you for WiFi on your sly box. So you can watch on demand etc. I just plugged it into my zgemma I have no satellite signal due to scaffolding at the minute but it downloaded some stuff for kodi so I guess they just work??

I think he means the wireless adapter that plugs in to the non-wireless SlyHD boxes to allow wireless connection for ondemand....I think but the description suits a now box.

If its the wifi adapter that plugs in to the ethernet socket on your box, then yes it will work if already connected to your network wireless, the box will see it as a wired connection, pair it using a PC if you can and then plug in to your box.

Yeah sorry my description was a little off and I have tested it and it works for now. Not sure if its recommended to use a wireless connection though as I've heard this can cause some glitching on paid channels and then people blame the line.

It depends on your wireless conditions/quality......its not ideal and its some peoples last/choice resort but I have seen boxes running fine on wireless but their wireless network was good.

Wireless can be unstable depending on the electrical goods around your house and neighbours, this is why a direct wired connection followed by homeplug's is suggested as the better option however as gmangt4 says some do have solid connections via wireless but it is down to each personal setup. With me Wireless is no good with all the gadgets in my house, lol

We got an A rated house built recently and wifi wont travel well through the foil lined walls so access points in each room that needs wifi.......as mentioned its circumstantial lol

We got an A rated house built recently and wifi wont travel well through the foil lined walls so access points in each room that needs wifi.......as mentioned its circumstantial lol
Having to have an AP in every room is a right joke! Bloody energy efficiency eh.

Back