Sly Q Box and Samsung TV's

be_ddiawl

Hi Guys,

Had this on both mine and Father In Law's TV, whenever Sly Q box is set to 1080p or higher, it occasionally buggers up the TV by causing a flickering.

Change to 1080i and all is good.

Have any of you guys experienced this issue?

Cheers

Paul

Changing the screen resolution setting
To pick the best picture resolution for your TV:
  1. Press Home on your Sky Q remote, then select Settings, followed by Setup.
  2. Select Audio visual, then Picture resolution and select the resolution you want.
Screenshot of Sky Q menu in settings, choosing the screen resolution setting

Changing the screen resolution setting
To pick the best picture resolution for your TV:
  1. Press Home on your Sky Q remote, then select Settings, followed by Setup.
  2. Select Audio visual, then Picture resolution and select the resolution you want.
Screenshot of Sky Q menu in settings, choosing the screen resolution setting
Have done this, and have used both 1080p and 2160p, each of those brings an intermittent flickering issue.

Issue on father in law's tv attached, I have a video of mine but unable to upload.

It's a strange and frustrating one

Attachments

• IMG-20200208-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200208-WA0000.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 16
Have you a decent HDMI lead,?
I don't mean an expensive one, just one that is actually capable of 1080p, they aren't all capable, I had one a while back that couldn't handle CEC.
Also check that your TV isn't trying to upscale the picture, it may be expecting a 1080i or 720p picture and trying to upscale it.

Have you a decent HDMI lead,?
I don't mean an expensive one, just one that is actually capable of 1080p, they aren't all capable, I had one a while back that couldn't handle CEC.
Also check that your TV isn't trying to upscale the picture, it may be expecting a 1080i or 720p picture and trying to upscale it.

Its the standard one that comes with the the box, I have tried others, all the same! Both on mine and father in laws tv!

I think the problem probably is the TV's firmware bugging out as not all the channels via Sky are progressive most are actually interlaced check your TV settings and look for auto rather than res value "i" or "p".

Also check firmware is up to date.

Back