Smarters and EPG

grouser

Hi, I'm having a problem with the app and epg updating,I have sent an email to smarters re the problem I 'm getting,but thought I would ask on here in case I get the standard reply telling me to carry out what I have done myself to cure it, like fresh install and so on,I am running the app(latest version 2.4) on a 2ng Gen firestick and when I start the app I get the usual channels,series downloading and inserting but not the epg it used to do it until a few days ago when it doesn't do so any more I can install it manually so to speak via the 3 dots asking to update epg and it does,my settings are Not to start on startup Install automatic Series channels etc and auto epg and it as done this since day one going back over 9 months or more,I have the same app on my Samsung tablet and there is NO problem it is only the firestick and it as only just started to occur,any ideas would be welcome..

It's funny my mate is having same problem with smarters and not populating epg I think it's something to do with the app and firesticks as like you said no problem on your tablet there was no problem on my phone for epg even on ipad there was epg so would be interesting to see if anyone else is experiencing same

1.7.9 latest one I think it is
I have the latest Version installed and it's 2.0.4 I'm asking my question on the IPTV Smarters pro the version, Baz the one you put referrers to Smart IPTV ,I get them mixed up as they sound the sameish but it's SmartersIPTV pro where my problems lie..:cry:

I have the latest Version installed and it's 2.0.4 I'm asking my question on the IPTV Smarters pro the version, Baz the one you put referrers to Smart IPTV ,I get them mixed up as they sound the sameish but it's SmartersIPTV pro where my problems lie..:cry:
He must be on an old version of smarters mate he dosnt have smart iptv mate as his provider dosnt do m3u lol

Well my provider gave me a new url to see if that would resolve this but to no avail so I guess it's not a server issue as no one else so far as reported the same issue, so I will wait to see what smarters come back to me with,I received the standard "Your concern as been noted and we will be in touch" email

Update... I uninstalled the app this morning again and was about to reinstall when I lost wifi on firestick repeatedly telling me there was no connection (other wifi enabled devices were okay)spent 10 minutes trying to connect to no avail checked all connections and it appears the USB to mains adapter must have come slightly away just touched it and wifi was restored in the meantime I received an email from iptvsmarters asking for a video of the problem so I reinstalled the app inputted the new URL from my provider and armed with phone and remote set out to record the problem I have had,only for the app to just go straight into the first channel from the LIVE TV section complete with EPG at the bottom No download of Channels,series etc or EPG which I would have expected to happen(It as done so in the past)after a clean install,so fingers crossed when I switch on first thing tomorrow I will see if the problem as been solved..

Problem solved, app worked perfectly on firing her up this morning ,which proves there are good providers out there..(y)

how did you sort it mate?
It was a new URL from my provider that cured it,I did explain in my earlier post but I was hit with a wifi problem that I had to sort first lol,but a clean app install new URL added and it's been tickety boo since

Back