Smeg SpA 42016. Low gas output on burner?!

Elle69

Hi All
I have a Smeg range cooker (SpA 42016) and one of the burners on the hob is outputting decreased flame. I don't have any problems with igniting.
NB: Not sure how old it is as it was installed by previous owners but certain it's not older than 10 years.

When cleaning the hob, I usually pour a little warm water into the trays and mop up once debris is softened.

Since realizing this burner's gas output is lower than usual, I have cleaned around the fittings, spark igniter etc with a metal scourer and made sure all the slots in the burner cover are clear and scoured that too.

Any ideas please?

First of all check Manufactures Instructions if you don't have them download them from smeg.

what colour is the flame? compare the colour with the next burner.it should be a blue flame with a smooth shape.and make sure all the little holes (PORTS) have a flame coming out..Remove the burner caps and flame spreaders make sure they are clean and make sure they are seated properly.

If still no joy phone smeg.

George Gas Safe.

i mainly work with commercial stoves but if the burner has holes in it i would clean them with a welders tip cleaner an if the burner detaches easily dip it in a heavy duty degreaser,rinse and see what that does.

Back