SNR issues

hi all, i recently fitted my satellite dish took a while to get the correct position etc up down ladder at least 100 times lol, used an app on my phone not that much cop tbh lol.

Anyway i have an issue with my snr, my signal strength is 86% and my snr varies depending on what channel i watch, it fluctuates between 72 and 77. When i watch a channel when its on 72 it pixalates making it unwatchable. I been browsing on net and came across an inline satellite signal booster. Will this increase my snr to stop the pixalating? or is there any other advice that might come in handy? Ive also tried changing the lnb but exact same signal on both. Many thanks in advance.

i have never seen any pixalates from a signal above 60%

sky say that anything above 55% is a good signal

even my vu solo2 on polsat for my gf is 65% signal and 78% from EU gets no problems at all

can you go to a channel and check is not what i was getting last year:

a 75% then drop to 0 and back up again. this was in fact software on my old box.

you also have not said what dish, what lnb, what box, what channels, what sat

Last edited:
hi mate, the dish i had from ebay, had the kit for a few pence short of £22, has a quad lnb. Using skybox f5s m8, on astra2. maybe its the box then? or could it be because where my dish is pointing there are power cables running in that direction?

you only actually need a snr of 50% on a constant basis. so yours is more than good enough. it could be a network issue

On a server I was using the lower snr value channels (71-75) pixilated/glitched loads. And definitely worse on those. Changed server, problem disappeared. I know this doesnt make sense but monitored over weeks.
Try a test line from someone.

On a server I was using the lower snr value channels (71-75) pixilated/glitched loads. And definitely worse on those. Changed server, problem disappeared. I know this doesnt make sense but monitored over weeks.
Try a test line from someone.

SNR problems will be because of one of the following:

1.Dish not set accurately enough(i use promax 3c+ spectrum analyser to ensure perfect reception)
2.Faulty LNB
3.Something in line of dish affecting reception on certain freq/transponders(trees are notorious,escpecially in summer and when raining/windy)

Server will play no part in problems if you get signal correct from dish,an ok signal may work well on a good server but may glitch on bad server..From experience this is due to needing the sat signal and cline to work in sync..Therefore congested server is not quick enough to sync with signal from dish that is weak,but a good server may work with weak signal..Hope that all makes sense..

Back