Software for bluray dvd drive Win 7

maff

VIP Member
A friend of mine has just had a pc built for him. He's had a Bluray dvd drive put in but cant seem to play Bluray discs. Drive is working fine apart from that. Anyone know if it could be a driver,software or codec problem? I think the new Nero burning software has Bluray capabilities, not sure if thats just for burning and ripping. Anyone shed some light on the matter?Thanks.

There's no codec or drivers required to play blu ray's. You need a recent Power DVD. This allows you to play all discs including blu ray. I am using power dvd 13 with no problems.

Try out this software its exceptional for blu ray
Code:
http://www.arcsoft.com/totalmedia-theatre/

You need BD Player for Windows.

---------- Post Merged at 06:26 AM ----------

VLC is a good blu-ray player for Windows, Mac. And Macgo Windows Blu-ray Player is also a good choice. For I only know the two blu-ray players.

Macgo Windows Blu-ray player was the original program and the one that works the best. All the other look-alike programs you see on the market are copies of that, but that in no way has anything to do with the original.
VLC does not support playback of commercial Blu-ray discs with copy protection. Those require decryption keys, which only a commercial player can provide.
The reason is that direct playback of commercial Blu-ray discs is restricted and requires decryption keys.
Without internet access to a decryption server or a standalone player with the keys built-in, they will not play.

Back