Software Update Issues

lexluth0r

I've had my box for around a month and the first thing I done was upgrade it to the latest openatv which went fine.

In the week I decided to do a system software update but after the reboot it just sits at 'boot' so I had to reinstall the image but again when I click software updates and reboot it sits at boot.

Anyone have a clue on what's going on ?

when you put image back on it was back to old one before update then when you updated again back to same problem the latest update for zgemma 9 series had driver updates that have been causing this problem. If you recover with older image again but this time do flash online update this should work. if you are using whooshbuild you will need to change skin to metric hd as it cannot do flash online update with whooshbuild skin.

I had same problem with software update on zgemma h9 combo one I did the flash online update then sofware updates did work after that because those new drivers etc had already been updated.

I've had my box for around a month and the first thing I done was upgrade it to the latest openatv which went fine.

In the week I decided to do a system software update but after the reboot it just sits at 'boot' so I had to reinstall the image but again when I click software updates and reboot it sits at boot.

Anyone have a clue on what's going on ?
Your box has the latest software on it and you online update it for what reason ??????? Never online update atv and you are finding the reason why not to now.

My version has upgraded to November OpenATV 6.4 but I do use Wooshbuild with Sky Q Skin so that could be the problem!

I might just goto OpenVIX as just read others also have the same problem doing software updates.

My version has upgraded to November OpenATV 6.4 but I do use Wooshbuild with Sky Q Skin so that could be the problem!

I might just goto OpenVIX as just read others also have the same problem doing software updates.
Stick on openvix and you will not have problems online updating but no need to really if your on updated firmware. Better off just do an online flash and restore

ive had the same issues
moshibeth u say why would u update atv well when you do the software update it comes back with 40 plus updates to update why wouldnt u update ???

ive had the same issues
moshibeth u say why would u update atv well when you do the software update it comes back with 40 plus updates to update why wouldnt u update ???
Ask your self what its updating though.99% of those are things your not even using on the box.

The 40 updates cover the entire firmware build and as mentioned you would not even use or be aware of most of them.Your a novice or you would not be using a backup like wooshbuild as you would have no need.Take good advise when given and avoid updating online and as i have said do an online flash every 6 months and restore from a backup and this will give you the latest updates which is ample

ive had the same issues
Have you got your box running ok now jon

Back